new Honda accord saloon - Gotanoldhondar

Hello to all,new to this place, and after a bit of advice, we have a baby on the
way so need a bigger car than current hatchback 3dr, hence my interest in the
new honda accord,so any owners with the diesel here, any problems ?
new Honda accord saloon - Statistical outlier
I own the only unreliable Accord in the country, so you should be fine.

Seriously though, all diesels seem to have problems with particulate filters combined with short runs, although the new Accord came #1 for reliability in a recent What Car survey (although I have little idea if that is worth the paper it's written on).

Seems like a really nice car to sit in, and the new diesel is supposed to be even better than the i-CTDi I own. Power on paper is not mind blowing, but nobody I have ever given a lift to has guessed that it's a diesel, and it's an excellent real world drive.
new Honda accord saloon - AlastairW
Have a look at the Car-by-Car breakdown at the top of the page.

Welcome to the backroom btw.
new Honda accord saloon - catsdad
You need to think about boot space. The new smallest member of the family will have an amazing amount of clobber. The Accord is not that great (even if its bigger than what you already have). Also I'd recommend a 5 door or estate to accommodate height of items you might want to carry. Accord is of course only 4 door or estate.

thanks for the replies,its the reliability of Honda that is attracting me to the brand
as this is what i need along with comfort and an auto box,will be a family wagon as
well as daily workhorse, i do about 25k miles, so would only consider auto,good point
on boot space though will check this on test drive,are Honda expensive to service ?
new Honda accord saloon - Statistical outlier
The i-CTDi diesel is £180 minor and £220 major. There's no cam belt to worry about, and the visits have been refreshingly free of 'additions' on the bill. In 90k miles I've used about 6 litres of oil (most in the first 30k, none since 60k) at about £10 a litre.

I managed to get a test drive this afternoon in a es gt diesel auto and got
to say i love this car so quiet for a diesel ,and auto box is super smooth along
with good ride quality,i have an a3 at the moment which is noisy and bumpy in
comparison,i know its not everyones thing but for me it passes the main tests, i
think its going to be my first Honda....
new Honda accord saloon - cattleman6
When I recently went in one of the new Honda Accord saloons, I realised that it has superb build quality and the front seats are incredibly comfortable. Other family members with me totaly agreed. I honestly feel that it is the best car in it's class qualitywise. In the UK it comes with an amazing number of extras if you get the best trim level.
new Honda accord saloon - merlin
I drove a new Honda Accord a few months ago. What put me off was the high cost and the ride. I drove it back to back with a CR-V and the ride difference was noticeable. However if you are coming from an A3 then the ride will feel good given peoples perceptions depend to a degree on what they are used to.

I agree with you over the ride in the a3,the accord is softer but not too soft
that you dont feel involved,also agree with the point over bulid quality,the accord
is as good as an audi now and more reliable plus you get more for your money,
Hondas only problem could be the image thing,which does not bother me at all as
i am going grey anyway.