Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - Nickdm
Sister needs a new car pronto, and has boiled-down her selection to the above 3. Max spend 6000 quid. All 2005/6 cars, petrol-engined, under 30,000 miles and intends to keep for a very long time.

Which would you choose for a long, trouble-free and economic life?

I've advised her to avoid the Fusion, and prefer the Astra. Thks, N.
Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - ifithelps
The Fusion is a universally unloved beast, isn't it?

Bit like a Nissan Almera, nothing wrong with it, but rarely a good word said for it, particularly by the motoring hacks.

Of the three cars, I'd go for the Astra.

It's a class above the other two in terms of space and comfort and probably won't cost a lot more to run.

Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - bell boy
fusion for me as like two wheels on the road at roundabouts
Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - b308
If size is important then the Astra...

Of the other two then, reluctantly, I'd say the Fusion simply because its (very slightly) bigger than the Fiesta... but there are far better cars than the Fusion in that class of car, its useless at what it pretends to be, I'd look elsewhare for that type of car.

Edited by b308 on 30/07/2009 at 10:54

Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - NowWheels
Astras of that vintage are good, but I think they are still a grand or so more expensive than an equivalent age/mileage Nissab Almera. Depends what she's looking for, but if she wants an Astra-sized car, then an Almera would be worth a look.

Can't see much pint in going for a Fiesta or Fusion unless she's a young driver, in which case the insurance will be cheaper on the smaller car. But something of Astra size will be more comfortable and will probably cost similar money to the much-in-demand Fiesta.
Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - dieselicious
I'd skip on the Fusion immediately. Unless she never wants to appeal to another man, and/or wears tall hats.

I was surprised when I drove a fiesta that it's not possible to put your left foot to the side of the clutch when not pushing the pedal. There's just no space there. Make sure she test drives it, and that it's comfortable. Otherwise not bad, unless you get one with a blue dash top which is sinfully unattractive.

The only bad thing about the Astra, is that the person who designed the interior managed to come up with one of the most ugly dashes ever, even worse than the almera, although that's bad too.

Give me a Focus anyday over those three. Or a Peugeot 207. And don't believe all the scare stories about french reliability.
Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - Nickdm
She's in her 40s, married,.... and chose the Fusion. Or rather another Fusion.

10K pounds for a 3-month old ex-demo loaded Fusion TDCI. Go figure?! A good deal?
Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - NickS
Spending £10k on a Fusion is something I will never begin to understand. £10k on a new shape Fiesta maybe, or a Focus, or indeed the aforementioned Astra, but never on a confused mess like the Fusion.

Each to their own though................

Used Astra v. Fiesta v. Fusion 2? - b308
BB will be pleased, his choice!

Well someone's got to buy them I suppose, the Ford dealer will be jumping up and down with joy....