Tall new driver - Bearr
I am soon going to be a driver and i am looking for a good car, but with me being 6ft2in i am a little bit worried about finding a good car that will fit someone of my size.

Any suggestions
Tall new driver - Alby Back
A tall friend bought a second hand hearse when we were all about 18. Higher roofline y'see. It was handy too as he was into windsurfing and could get all his kit in it. Of course fuel and insurance was cheaper then. The car went like the wind as well, I expect it had a biggish engine which had never really been abused.

That of course was at a time when having any kind of motorised transport at that age was a bonus. Style seems to be much more of a relevant factor now.

I expect a Panda would be worth a look.
Tall new driver - Avant
A Ford Ka is ideal (look at the shape of it - like a deerstalker hat on wheels). When SWMBO had one, I (at 5'7") had about a foot of headroom above my head.
Tall new driver - Lud
I have a friend your height who loves tiny cars. All depends on yr proportions though.
Tall new driver - Lygonos
It's the old long limbs vs. long body chestnut. You really need to sit-in and rive a few cars to see which suit best.

Found the Citroen C2 manageable as a long-limbed 6'5".
Tall new driver - carl_a
A Ford Ka is ideal (look at the shape of it - like a deerstalker
hat on wheels). When SWMBO had one I (at 5'7") had about a foot of
headroom above my head.

I couldn't think of a worse car for a tall person, except one of those French cars where the pedals and steering wheel are of offset.
Tall new driver - Avant
"I couldn't think of a worse car for a tall person"

Sit in one (the old-shape Ka that is) and you'll see what I mean.
Tall new driver - retgwte
fiat panda
Tall new driver - deepwith
The problem is not so much the fitting into a car, as how the pedals are placed. In a lot of the smaller cars, like the Ka, Saxo, 106, etc etc, my 6'2" son found that he was pressing on both the brake and accelerator at the same time. As mentioned above, off set pedals are even more uncomfortable on a tall driver.

Fiat Panda was good, new shape Micra is what we bought. That will get howls from the people who say that it is not cool for a young person, but he did not find it a problem once he had discovered how nice it was to drive - he still says he loved that car ;-)

Sadly, as a new driver, insurance rates will make it really difficult for you to have a car that really suits.
Tall new driver - carl_a
Good cars with sensible leg, shoulder and foot room include: Mitsubishi Colt, Daihatsu Sirion, Ford Fiesta(The latest one), Vauxhall Corsa. Cars from Japan and Korea usually offer well designed pedal boxes with clutch rest.

Cars that are meant to have lots of room such as the Yaris and Jazz are very poor for tall drivers due to the very limited seat travel. I've not tried the latest Skoda Fabia, thats meant to be ok, that last one was dire however for comfort.
Tall new driver - carl_a
Sit in one (the old-shape Ka that is) and you'll see what I mean.

I have, they are without doubt terrible in every regard for a tall person. Head height is one tiny element, I'm 6f4 the only car I ever had trouble with in that regard was the Seat Ibiza.
Tall new driver - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
VW group cars seem fine, especially with seat height adjustment.Had 9 over the years. I'm a shade under 6'2", with 31" legs.

Golf,Passat , and Octavia are spacious in the front. Even my Hyundai Coupe was fine for me.

Sat in a Polo,Fabia, Roomster , I30 recently and all had a surplus of head room.

SWMBO Getz is also good but my right leg is a bit cramped.
Tall-ish new driver - Brian Tryzers
>...being 6ft2in i am a little bit worried about finding a good car that will fit someone of my size.

Just about anything, I'd have thought, provided your feet fit the pedals. 6'2" or so puts you a little above the 75th centile for adult males, but probably still within the 80th - so, in other words, you're still in that favoured statistical band of 'normal' that designers of clothes, doorframes, cars and just about everything (with the obvious exception of economy class airline seats) design for.

That said, in my experience the mass-market maker that offers the best seats and ergonomics is Ford, so that's where I'd look first.

Tall-ish new driver - Halmer
I'm 6 4 and drive my wife's Mk 2 2004 Fiat Punto without an issue. I always avoid a sunroof on any car as this usually takes away some of the roof space.

On a longer journey I could do with a bit more support under my knee/thighs but I find that this is common even with bigger more expensive cars.

I drive a Nissan Qashqai - enough room but the seats are a little small for my big backside.
Tall new driver - Rover P6B
Bearr, two suggestions. Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet Diesel - James May has one. It's not quick, but it's reliable, well-built, roomy, safe, etc - cheap to run, too, especially in terms of insurance.

Now, the solution that appeals more to heart than head - a Daimler DS420, either saloon or hearse. Very comfortable, extremely roomy, can be bought quite cheaply. Creamy smooth, powerful and indestructible straight-six engine. Most (if not all) are autos, but manual 'boxes can be retrofitted.
Tall new driver - a900ss
Bearr,

How old are you? Reading through this post, I think people are assuming you are 17 or 18 and therefore need to get a low group car for insurance purposes. If that assumption is correct, then so be it.

If you are a new driver but over 25, lesser insurance premiums (or your personal finances) may permit you getting a larger car.

Can you give us an idea of you age and budget you have for a car?

Take care
Tall new driver - Graham567
I am 6 foot 4" tall and drive a Vauxhall Vectra(07 plate).Theres loads of leg room in the front and when i push my seat back theres still good legroom in the back.Couple that with a boot the size of LasVegas,cheap to buy and run and comes with all the toys as standard .ie cruise control,electric windows,audio buttons on the steering wheel,remote central locking, 6 air bags and a 5 star NCAP rating as well.