05 1.9 Electric Windows self opening - NoiseMan
I have several times found both the drivers and front passanger windows(electric) have opened either couple of inches or nearly full open.

This appears to only happen after heavy rain and during the night

I think it may be awhile after the rain stops as the inside of the car doesn't appear to be wet.

Has anyone else experinced this problem?

Cheers
NoiseMan
05 1.9 Electric Windows self opening - nevman
Hi NoiseMan
I have the same problem with a golf with the electric windows self opening.
Did you ever find out what was the problem?

Cheers
Nevman

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/09/2009 at 19:51

05 1.9 Electric Windows self opening - Hopki
I had the same problem, albeit front windows only, several years ago on my then MKIII TDI. The car was under warranty so I reported it to the local dealer; they diagnosed a fault, although I'm not sure what, and replaced both windows' motors under warranty.
05 1.9 Electric Windows self opening - adverse camber
Almost certainly due to water getting into the comfort module ecu.

VAG in their wisdom placed the ecu that handles stuff like interior lights, alarm/immobiliser in the passenger footwell.

There seems to be two ways to get this wet - either the pollen filter cover cracks and water gets in that way or the drain holes around the scuttle (under the battery seems common) block and water ends up coming into the cabin.

If you lift the carpet you will probably find that the soundproofing is soaking wet and the ecu is also wet. Causes all sorts of problems with alarm/immobiliser/central locking/windows/internal lights/etc.

Very well known issue.