Charge for dealer fit option? - David R
I have bought a new Seat Alhambra, delivery of which is tomorrow. I negotiated hard for the deal, but ended up with my dealer matching the best broker price, which I was delighted with.

I deferred a decision about upgrading the radio/cassette to a CD tuner as this was a dealer fit option. I was quoted (and expected) £150. I asked for the CD to be fitted 2 days ago, but now there is the cost of an hours labour on top (£40). Is this usual practice for dealer fitted options on a new car? When I got my last car there was no charge for the same. It might seem silly to worry about £40, but it seems a little odd.

Opinions gratefully received

David
Charge for dealer fit option? - The Watcher
I think IF you pushed the dealer to the bone with the car price, he will charge you a bit for labour for fitting the unit.

Are you really querying \ complaining at paying £40 if you got such a large discount on the car?
Charge for dealer fit option? - David R
Thats a fast post!

I am not complaining at all...yet, as i do not know if its the norm or not. I suspect you are absolutely right, and £40 is not worth stuffing a relationship for. It just took me by supprise a bit.

David
Charge for dealer fit option? - Citroënian {P}
I've just had to fit a new radio to the Clio after a Yussuf Islam tape sent the old unit to car radio heaven (long story).

Anyhow, I found that everywhere I tried the standard fitting charge was about £40, for a radio that was costing less than £100.

With that in mind, I'd say it's worth your while to spend the money just to ensure that the dealer keeps responsibility for the car. Once someone else gets involved it'd be easy to shift the blame for any electrical problems around.

Lee.
Charge for dealer fit option? - Pugugly {P}
Never mind the car stuff - where did you get the tape from ? Can you still get his stuff?? Take me back to Uni days......
Charge for dealer fit option? - Phil I
PU
Raves from the Grave aka The Video Crypt.Cheap St. Frome, Som.
Tel 01373464666 & 453652 will help you with the tape.
No connection.
Phil I .
Charge for dealer fit option? - Citroënian {P}
I'm afraid the tape's final action was to shuffle both itself and the Philips Radio Cassette off their respective mortal coils!

Sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to replace it, Phil looks like he's got it sorted in his reply.

Cheers,
Lee.