00 1.8 slight power drop at 3000rpm and lumpy idle - Daveo
Hi,

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem quite the same as other people's experiences here. When I am cruising at about 70mph (3000rpm) the power drops off severely for a second then kicks back in. It will do this a few times then not again for 20mins or so - any ideas on what this might be?

Also, i'm not sure if it is related or not but the car feels quite lumpy on idle and the revs raise just a fraction every now and again?!?

Any help would be much appreciated
00 1.8 slight power drop at 3000rpm and lumpy idle - clewsy01
hi, you can try the throtle position sensor and the idel control valve. both are now common fauls on focus of this age, (same as mine). They are related as they both worth together as part of the throttle body function so work a try. P.S the idle control vave is awful to change as there is very little room. i just managed to do mine, i have known people have to take of the alternator to get to it. it is located under the throttle body, bolted to the plastic pipe behind the fuel rail!!

Edited by clewsy01 on 16/07/2009 at 15:22

00 1.8 slight power drop at 3000rpm and lumpy idle - Daveo
Cheers mate - I'll buy these and fit them at the weekend - I hope its nothing else because my cash-flow is v.low at the moment! I'll let you know
00 1.8 slight power drop at 3000rpm and lumpy idle - Statia
Swap the throttle position sensor first.