00 1.5 lumpy engine response - far0n
When driving along at 70-80mph I occasionally get a sudden dip in performance and a very slight vibration from the engine, almost like a piston is off or something. This only lasts for say 5 seconds then it's fine again for another 10-15 mins. Also when pulling away from standstill the accelleration in 1st is shocking sometimes and very 'lumpy'. Strangely all other speeds and gears seem to be fine.... it either happens at 0pmh or 80mph.. nothing in between! I've just had it in for a service recently which made no difference and used some Redex injector cleaner... which also made no difference. I'm thinking one of the injectors might need replacing instead ?
The car's got a full service history but it does have 126,000 miles on the clock so I'm kinda expecting little niggles these days. Any help/opinions greatly appreciated.
Is it likely that the lambda sensor is acting up ?
00 1.5 lumpy engine response - bathtub tom
These are known to suffer from cam chain wear problems causing the crank and cam sensors to get 'out of sync'.

Does it rattle?
Not that I've noticed no.
00 1.5 lumpy engine response - bathtub tom
Perhaps it's worth getting the fault codes read.

I think on your model it can be done by shorting a couple of pins on the socket thingy for code readers and counting flashing warning lights!

Try the Almera forum for more info:
www.almeraownersclub.com/