Looking for a car with high seating - wazza
I have back and knee problems. Have a 1996 mondeo which is a struggle to get out of. Have a use of a MPV (Mazda 5) which is easy to get in and out. Lovely car. I am now looking for a car with a high seating position so it is easy for me to get out. Getting in is not that much problem. naturally would have gone for a MPV like a Zafira but MPV commands a high price compared to a normal car like the astra.

It needs to seat up to 5, mainly children. Due to low annual mileage it can be a petrol. Reliable. Cost less than £5k. Do not want a 4x4. Looking at the autotrader there are cars which disappear in the background, cars you don't think of much like the nissan almera tino or mazda premacy. Ideally would like a 'popular' car so parts will be easy to obtain. Any suggestions?

Looking for a car with high seating - I'm a Pane
Seat Toledo/Altea? Should get a 1.6 petrol for £5k. Based on VW so no probs with parts etc. Toledo usually sells cheaper as it is perceived to be uglier (?). Not too many about though so you might have to widen your search area.

Like this:tinyurl.com/my7gpa

Edited by Everest Pete on 11/07/2009 at 09:51

Looking for a car with high seating - pmh2
Look at the old model (Xsara) Picasso. Certainly easy in and out, and remarkably versatile. £5k should find you a 2005 or even a 2006 if you are prepared to negotiate from a dealer.

p
Looking for a car with high seating - John R @ home {P}
Wazza,

Consider the Fiat IDEA (if you can find one!).

An '06 1.4 Active should be around or under your price range depending on mileage. It has height adjustable seats that are high already & plenty of head room. They are a bit like the Zafira but a bit shorter (5 seats not 7).

John R
Looking for a car with high seating - niceguyeddy
Have you considered the Yaris Verso ?

Nice high hip friendly position.

Manaual or auto ... £5000 will easy find you a nice example.
Looking for a car with high seating - Chris M
C-Max
Looking for a car with high seating - Carl2
Father in law drives an older picasso because he has a bit of hip trouble (only reason). Despite whats said about french cars its been reliable (petrol /manual).
Looking for a car with high seating - ifithelps
Focus hatchback has a higher driving position than many other cars.
Looking for a car with high seating - gordonbennet
Berlingo/Partner combi...nicer to drive than you think with lovely compliant ride.
Looking for a car with high seating - madf
One of the reasons we bought a Yaris was my wife's sciatica.

Much easier entry: she likes it..
Looking for a car with high seating - Rich320d
Hyundai Matrix could be good for you.

Its well made, reliable, and comes in diesel and petrol versions.

Its unfashionable so depreciates quite a bit, so you could pick up a bargain.

Doesnt drive amazingly well, but not terrible either.

Looking for a car with high seating - boxsterboy
Hyundai Matrix could be good for you.
Doesnt drive amazingly well but not terrible either.

And has that all-important Pininfarina badge on the side!