02 1.6 brakes knock - sladey
My mrs focus recently hand new front discs and pads, about a week later there was a knock/click each time you pressed the brake pedal. Took it back to the guy who fitted them and he said it was the anti rattle clips not having enough tension in them? which he fixed and has been fine until now, its doing it again.

Is this a common problem with these clips as we have never had this before. Is this something I can rectify my self rather than troop all the way back to the mechanic who cant look at it until next weekend.

Really want this sorted as I dont want the brakes to be unsafe and its also got its MOT due

Any advice would be great

Thanks
02 1.6 brakes knock - Saltrampen
Are there any sort of brass type clipped washer on the wheel screw threads which help to prevent disc moving about? I have seen such on Mondeo's and Fiesta's so they might be on the Focus. If missing (if it was there at all) or not on tightly then maybe discs are moving slightly and clunking?
02 1.6 brakes knock - bathtub tom
If the wheel nut/bolts are tight, the disc shouldn't be floating around enough to rattle (or at all).

I'd guess the pads have a bit of clearance in the caliper. Perhaps pattern parts that aren't to the same tolerance as OEM?
02 1.6 brakes knock - kithmo
It's unlikely that the pads would move enough to "clunk" unless they're the wrong pads altogether and are significantly smaller. Most aftermarket pads I have used have been tighter than the originals. I'd guess at movement in the sliding part of the caliper that's causing it. If the calipers are at a stage where the anti-rattle springs are weak, then probably the guide/slider pins are worn and the calipers sound like they are in need of a refurb. Also, check the wheel nuts for tightness and suspension components for play.