94 1.6 part name ? - thomas_ng
I need help on finding a part for my old peugeot 205 (automatic transmission) - I am trying to buy the unit where you fill the oil but I reaaly don't know the name of it. I hope it makes sense.
thanks
thomas
94 1.6 part name ? - Andrew-T
Have you been to the Pug dealer and looked at their parts diagrams? That should give a part number - probably more use, unless you intend to get something from a scrapper. I know some Pug dealers still offer some parts for 205s.
94 1.6 part name ? - Peter D
Do you mean an oil filler cap or the dip stick tube for the engine or gearbox. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 04/07/2009 at 15:53

The top is oil filter cap - then a long tube connects to the oil sump. This is the part I would like to buy because it's deteriorated causing oil leaks when I top up the oil.
Regards
Thomas

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/07/2009 at 20:37

94 1.6 part name ? - mfarrow
Oil filler neck?
94 1.6 part name ? - oilrag
Rubber or metal tube? What`s it joined to and held on with at both ends?

Edit - the oil cap screws onto the top?

Edited by oilrag on 05/07/2009 at 12:35

It's a rubber tube - one end joins to the oil sump and the other connects to a case on which sits the oil cap. The 2 end are held by 2 steel rings retaining clips.
Regards
Thomas
94 1.6 part name ? - ifithelps
Don't know this engine, but this sounds like a breather pipe.
94 1.6 part name ? - pug3
The part is called an oil vapour hose.

See on the following link:

www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/1/11C51A.HTM
94 1.6 part name ? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
That is a weird way to fill the oil sump. Trust the French to be different.
94 1.6 part name ? - Dynamic Dave
Seen a similar set up on a mates old pug 405. The lease company didn't supply the handbook for the car and he couldn't figure out how to top up the oil other than use a small funnel and pour it down the dipstick tube.