Jag ==> Focus swap - Snakey
I've had an X Type diesel for a couple of months now, and to be honest its been the worst car owning experience I've ever had. Most of it down to the dealers ineptitude (actually returning the car to me in a dangerous state) but some down to poor build quality and sheer bad luck/

Anyway, I've come to a crossroads. I quite fancy a Ford Focus again. Probably a 2006 plate 1.6 petrol (which will be the same sort of economy as the diesel Jag!)

I reckon my Jag (2004/54 SE with 45k) is worth around £7500 privately, so do you reckon a Ford dealer would be interested in a straight swap for a Focus of the same price?

I've done a swap deal before many moons ago with a backstreet garage, but do main dealers do this sort of deal?
Jag ==> Focus swap - Downesi1
Unlikley as it books at around 6k.
Jag ==> Focus swap - ifithelps
When I was selling cars, swap deals often failed because of unrealistic customer expectations.

There's only been one reply to the OP and it looks like he and the dealer are already £1,500 apart.
Jag ==> Focus swap - maz64
Decided our (N reg) 2.5 V6 Mondeo was too costly to run many years ago, although very nice to drive (only V6 we've owned). Unfortunately it was basic spec - didn't actual have a spec name but no alloys, air con etc., and couldn't get any private interest.

In the end practically gave it away to a Citroen dealer in a swap for an (L reg) 8v Cavalier 2.0 :-(