Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - oilrag
I remember advice from years gone by to check tyres for `flints`. We were prepared as boys in the 50`s I suppose - carrying around a pen knife with one of those thick long prongs attached in case a horse got a stone caught in it`s hoof.

What innocent days. Think what could be interpreted if you were caught on the street or entering a well known accessory store with a long prong in your pocket like that..

Officer = "Now now my Lad, what are you doing with a thing like that"

Your answer =

That`s the quiz - finding the best caption for being caught with a horse hoof device in your pocket - in modern motoring times.

Part two - for the pictorial obsessive who wants forensic detail of a flint and tyre surface over breakfast.

Here`s a `Great White` tooth flint observed from a distance of twenty feet this am and dutifully pulled out of its hole (above in pic) and relocated in a sipe for you viewing interest.

(or not)

Don`t click on this if you are connected to the internet by a piece of string - if you do zoom in.

www.oilrag.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flint.jpg

oilrag

Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - Westpig
Officer = "Now now my Lad what are you doing with a thing like that"
Your answer =

"Have some pity.... have mercy on me
Please don't nick me under Prevention of Crime Act 1953"
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - doctorchris
No probs, Poleesman, it is purely for my own self defens here in Sarf Lunnun, innit!
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - Alby Back
Ah Sergeant, jolly good, the very chap.....toddle orf and fetch a couple of stout constables to hold Diablo still while I tend to his hoof. There's a good chap. Meet me back here in half an hour what ? Chop chop man......
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - sumpnut
I am a young and beautiful woman and men that visit me give me a Swiss army knife with a thing for getting stones from horses hoofs and I put them in my bottom drawer, for when I get old and loose my beauty, its surprising what a boy scout will do for a Swiss army knife with a thing for getting stones from horses hoofs.
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - Fullchat
"Officer this one is the upgraded version and has been risk assessed. Its for getting Boy Scouts out of horses hoofs."
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - ifithelps
This reminds me of Derek and Clive live, aka Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

"What was the worst job you ever had?"

The answer, quite rightly, would be heavily moderated, but it involved picking something out of somewhere intimate, not unlike picking a stone out of a tyre.
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - Ben 10
"This reminds me of Derek and Clive live, aka Peter Cook and Dudley Moore."

Lobsters?
Shark tooth flint attacks tyre + horse hoof Quiz - welshlad
i suppose if im to be pedantic if its intended to be used on the car then it should be stored in the car and you wouldnt be carrying it around in your pocket

(do i win a prize for the right answer)
".......or entering a well known accessory store with a long prong in your pocket like that..

Officer = "Now now my Lad, what are you doing with a thing like that"

THE ANSWER is = "I was going to stick it up em officer for refusing to honour the 3yr warranty on my duff battery"

(Credit to `Dad`s Army` )

Mods could you please delete the thread after a couple of day or so - then I can remove the image......

Otherwise known as the `red herring`but then.....I thought it a good shot of a flint....

;-)

Edited by oilrag on 29/06/2009 at 09:58

In other words - I was Dunn....