General question.Dints in bodywork, how to repair? - piston power
Hi all i have just installed a brand new washing machine yes it's a washing machine and like the clumsy oaff that i am now there is a dint in the front of the machine!

The wife is not happy at all im going to be shot or skewred soon so anything on the market like a puller with a sucker on the end or a magnet which can pull out?

For the forum this also applies to car bodywork im sure!

Please help before im on the bbq!

{This might possibly move to the current IHAQ thread}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/06/2009 at 13:43

06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - Majj 250mx
Hi,
You could try a paintless dent removal company, they work on cars but metal is metal!! they will have tools to do the job, and it wont cost the earth. In my area we have companies like Dings and Dents or Dent Master. You'll have someone like this by you I'm sure!!
06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - bell boy
if its definately metal and you are feeling brave you could try a heat gun on it to expand it and pop it out
poundland do suckers that i paid £20 for
sometimes if its a big dent a few good clouts in a bouncing motion with a rubber mallet have it pop out too,i love doing this on large doorskins etc
you could always stick a weve been to blackpool sticker over the dent this always works on tailgates
06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - Mapmaker
But don't be overkeen with the heat gun else you will strip the paint...
06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - piston power
you could always stick a weve been to blackpool sticker over the dent this always works on tailgates

Bell boy are you trying to get the wife to kill me? lol.

Tried a valve grinding tool with suckers on but no joy, it's aluminium or something like that the magnet won't work,

06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - Another John H
If it's a dent in a completely flat panel area the metal has stretched to create the dent.

So, on that basis you can't pull it out (curved car panels can take a concave shape which will pop out) you'll just get a bulge instead.

There is some old school technology known as "hot metal shrinkage" which I understand can be/used to be used by panel beaters before the advent of cheap panels and expensive labour.

I've never used it, but I think BellBoy knows how to.

I wouldn't learn how to do it on a new expensive new object...

You need somebody that does it for a living, as mentioned above.
06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - lesleys dad
There is a readily available dent puller made by Rolson which has a rubber cup/sucker.
They are priced around £2.50 so not much to lose.
A lot of tool shops stock them or you can order on line .
06 1.6 dints in bodywork, how to repair? - Dynamic Dave
Several examples on youtube. Just search for something like "Paintless Dent Repair"

eg - www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5P_LYlhKs