Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Toyota Red
Hello,
Seems Costco are doing their usual time-limited offer. I know it is still running this weekend at the Chester branch, but for how long I know not. Seems a decent offer, had a look around other sites but cannot see anyone able to match prices on that particular tyre(Michelin Energy Saver).

TR
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Armitage Shanks {p}
I think Michelins are the only tyres Costco ever discount but the prices are very good!
yes- I think they only supply these tyres. I only mentin it as I'm getting 4 this weekend. If memory serves, a 165/70/14R/81T cost about £45 at Christmas, so four with the discount should come in at about £150.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Hamsafar
Yes, it runs until 5th of July. The savings on the four 255x60x18 Land Rover Discovery 3 tyres I got on Friday were stunning.
Thanks for the date. I should also point out that you may have to buy at least two tyres, as has probably been discussed ad nauseam in other threads. Apologies if this particular offer has already been mentioned on another thread.

Edited by Toyota Red on 23/06/2009 at 21:18

Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Bill Payer
I should also point out that you may have to buy at least two tyres

You have to buy 4 to get the 20% discount, but it might be worth bearing in mind that it can be any 4 tyres, so you could put 2 tyres on each of 2 cars. You could have 2 fitted naw and take the other 2 away with you and have them fitted at a later date.

If your car has expensive tyres, it might even be worth buying 2 more of the cheapest and chucking them away!
thanks. Even without the discount, their prices are very good for the tyre.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - NVH
Costco is not the only fruit.
ATS currently have a not heavily advertised -30% offer on Pirelli if you buy 4.
Just had 4x P7 fitted today at around £100 a corner.

Costco is a 50 mile round trip. ATS is under a mile.
Always a consideration NVH.

I do not mean to overlook others' offers, just point out the one I know about!

It pays to shop around.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - bathtub tom
But how does a member of the public join Costco, if they're not a trader?
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Marc
"But how does a member of the public join Costco, if they're not a trader?"

Sometimes company employees can get membership. Costco were at my place of work last year touting for members. However, I factored in the cost of membership and it was still cheaper to get Pilots at my usual independent.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - NARU
But how does a member of the public join Costco if they're not a trader?

Either by being in one of their named professions (NHS, accountant, etc)

Or

if you know someone who is a member, they can add you to their account as an additional cardholder, then when the annual renewal comes through you are allowed to switch to your own account. We did this for a friend.

** The offer runs until 5 July **
** Valid when you buy 4 tyres from the pilot car, energy, taxi or van range **
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Mr X
What are they charging for new valve, balance and tyre disposal ?
Don't forget, they also charge something like £20 plus a year as a membership fee.

Edited by Mr X on 24/06/2009 at 08:41

Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Old Navy
What are they charging for new valve balance and tyre disposal ?

Included in the tyre cost.
Don't forget they also charge something like £20 plus a year as a membership fee.

On average we do a freezer and bulk shopping run monthly, it does not take long to recover the membership fee. They have many other discounts other than tyres, one multiple tyre purchace also offsets the annual fee.

Edited by Old Navy on 24/06/2009 at 09:09

The best thing is John Lewis+ levels of customer (member) service. Althought they have tightened it up a bit recently (TVs etc are now guaranteed for only 5 years) most things they sell are effectively guaranteed for ever - you can take the item back at any time you're unhappy with it and they'll give you the purchase price back.
They'll also refund your membership fee if you don't agree its worth it.

I do very much doubt that, overall, these places save you money - simply because when you go you tend to buy stuff that you wouldn't otherwise have bought. I'm sure we managed perfectly well before without cases of bottled water, for example, even if it is only 15p/bottle.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Hamsafar
The prices in costco are generally expensive, often more than the supermarkets for the same items but with it being compulsory to buy in bulk.

I would not join with my own money, but it is a 'perk' of my job.
I made a saving of nearly £200 on 4 expensive tyres recently so I suppose that would pay for 6 years membership. The BOSCH car batteries are also cheap in the tyre bay. They used to do cheap motor oil, but nowadays the offers are nothing special. A lot of the 'blokes' stuff is similar to what you can see on QVC shopping channel and is probably designed for impulse purchase.
Tyres- 20% discount at Costco - Old Navy
The prices in costco are generally expensive often more than the supermarkets for the >> same items but with it being compulsory to buy in bulk.

I made a saving of nearly £200 on 4 expensive tyres recently so I suppose
that would pay for 6 years membership. The BOSCH car batteries are also cheap in
the tyre bay.

The secret is not to go into "kid in a sweet shop mode", only buy if it is cheaper, same as anywhere else.

SWMBO is the food shopper and is a ferocius price comparer. Even I can compare tyre and battery prices.

Edited by Old Navy on 24/06/2009 at 22:47

They used to do cheap motor oil but nowadays the offers are nothing special.

They done Mobil-1 for £23 inc VAT for years, which I think is cheaper than anywhere else, even eBay sellers. It's only a 4L pack though, but 5L is typically at least £40 elsewhere.