06 1.6 leaking shocker warranty? - piston power
Had car into vauxhall today found a leaking rear shocker n/s/r vauxhall admit yes sir it's leaking and the o/s/r is dry but we won't replace under warranty!

This car has done just 22k and vauxhall say there guarantee is to 37k, it's very clearly wet and they still refuse to replace.

They say vauxhall have instructed them not to replace unless blown etc, i have taken photo's of both for the head office which i have just phoned and there looking into the matter.

Any body got any views on this please?
06 1.6 leaking shocker warranty? - bathtub tom
Submit it for it's MOT a month early, while still under warranty. If it fails, then I can't see they've got any alternative but to replace it.
06 1.6 leaking shocker warranty? - Victorbox
Go to a different VX dealer.
The dealer is local to me yes i can go to many others within 5mls but i want this one to see sense and replace it if they will.

As for the MOT they say it would pass the test & only get an advisory, but the mot is in due in october and by then it may leak more & yes i could take it one month before.

Poor service i say by vx.
06 1.6 leaking shocker warranty? - bell boy
i would have thought serviceable part and not covered by warranty
bell boy. It's covered up to 37k so this has done just 22k and is leaking.
06 1.6 leaking shocker warranty? - Victorbox
Where does 37K come from? From the book or an arbitrary figure made up by the dealer? Usual warranty is 3 years or 60K and I would have thought shockers would be considered wear & tear items.
Where does 37K come from?

From the vauxhall garage i guess this is what vx give for warranty, 3yrs is about right this is what the fast fit guys give.

The car is low mileage at 22k so should live to at least 50-60k without problems my other cars have done that if not more.