05 1.6 Front Suspension - MB Scotland
Hi All

I have an old style 2005 Focus Flight 3 door with 63k on the clock (I have owned from new).

Last week the O/S/F suspension spring snapped, luckily only the top coil of the spring came off so no damage was done and I was able to drive it to get repaired.

The next day I took it to get a new spring fitted (I know I should have got the 2 done) but I only got the 1 side done.

Since then, there is a strange noise coming from the front of the car, it only happens when there is 1 person in the car, if there are 2 people in the car it doesnt do it.

With hindsight I realise I should definatley have got both front springs replaced and i,m presuming / hoping that this is whats causing the strange creaking / rumbling noise.

Other than this the car runs loveley, the steering / brakes are spot on.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers
05 1.6 Front Suspension - MikeTorque
Which side of the car is the noise coming from ?

It could be a track rod end that's become tight due to wear and the off balance with the new spring has shown up the issue. Also check wheel bearings for play/wear.

Ensure you get the other spring changed asap, both handling and braking will be adversely influenced under certain conditions.
05 1.6 Front Suspension - MB Scotland
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The noise seems to be coming from the front offside (the side with the new spring)

Going to get the other side done at the weekend.

Cheers
05 1.6 Front Suspension - MikeTorque
With the front wheels off the ground check if it's the new spring that's generating the noise, otherwise check as per my previous entry.