2001 1.2 Engine occasionally cuts out - Ryaner
My son has a Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 petrol. Year 2001. mileage 67500. The engine sometimes cuts out when the car is stationary. Sometimes it just won't start , the engine turns over o.k. but won't fire. It will start with a push. It was serviced recently with new plugs, air & oil filters and new oil. I notice that the plug leads seem to be the the carbon filled type which were never the best. Apart from that it must be a fuel problem. I think that the idle speed appears to be quite low. Any suggestions??

Edited by Webmaster on 17/06/2009 at 17:05

2001 1.2 Engine occasionally cuts out - injection doc
Give the throttle body a good wash out. Crank sensors can cause non start. Wiring looms rot out internally between n/s/f spring turret & firewall
2001 1.2 Engine occasionally cuts out - doug4293
hi, i have a clio 2001 1.2 with same problem, as you describe, sometimes doesnt start after a long run, but will bump start.have you managesd to suss out the problem ? i dont have any warnign lights coming on, on the dash.
2001 1.2 Engine occasionally cuts out - chrisbakeradi
Sounds just like a problem i had with mine give the throttle body a good clean with some Carb cleaner. I'm no expert but i managed it with out to much trouble. It made a massive difference. My throttle body was filthy.

Regards

chris