Free Road Tax Question - Pete
Could anyone tell me the rules on obtaining FREE ROAD TAX for a CLASSIC CAR ??
Re: Free Road Tax Question - David Lacey
If it's any help there was a previous thread quite recently on this subject - search for it
Re: Free Road Tax Question - honest john
The car must either have been first registered before 1st January 1973 or you must be able to prove from its VIN that it was built before 1/1/1973. For that the relevant club is usually your best bet. Otherwise the procedure is the same as for taxing a post 1992 car. You need an MOT and an Insurance Certificate and a completed V62 if you don't have a VED reminder. Take this little lot to the post office and you should be issued with your free VED disc.


Value my car