01 Expert 2.0 HDI Black smoke - loss of power. - wsmorrisuk
Hi people, please can anyone help me? Please excuse this post being a bit long winded, but I am desperate to get any advice, and this forum seems more receptive.

I have a Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI on a 51 plate. The van has started blowing black smoke and there is no acceleration up hills etc. It starts first time every time and will drive on the flat ok (Limited power though), but will not climb hills.
I've looked through countless forums for nearly two weeks now and I keep reading about the EGR valve and turbo problems. My problem is that I don't know where the EGR valve is located, the engine is so tightly squeezed into the engine bay that I can't really see anything, I have clambered underneath the van too, but it's very difficult to see anything.

Can anyone provide a link to some piccys or have any guidance as to where I will find the EGR valve? Also, I have a spare turbo to fit (If that is the problem), but I would like to check the pipes first, but how do you remove one of these things, have I got to drop the engine?

I have replaced the MAF sensor, Air thingy, but no difference. The van doesn't smoke until I accelerate slightly, and now its blowing thousands of little sooty particles out of the tail pipe..I really am desperate for any help or suggestions, no matter how trivial, otherwise I'm going to have to cut my losses and scrap the van, which would be a shame. There are no fault codes showing on the diags readout, but originally it did indicate a MAF failure, this has been replaced and shows as functioning on the diag readout.Thanks for reading everybody.

Duplicate posting removed and shouting in subject line changed

Edited by Pugugly on 15/06/2009 at 10:45

01 Expert 2.0 HDI Black smoke - loss of power. - lee123
im no diesel expert but i would suggest its the turbo, have you not being thrashing it every now and then because your ment to in order to clean out the turbo and pipes, ide suggest you rev the beans off it whiledriving and if still no joy after say 10 minutes of boy rcer stlye driving itll problies be your turbo