04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - Jaecom
Hi

Peugeot 407 SV Hdi

Just wondered if anyone can help or advise. I am not extremely technical so bear with me.

A few week ago I had what appeared like a fuel starvation problem (erratic response) and a warning on my car - "Depollution system faulty". I took this to my PUG dealer who said it required a new high pressure pump which would cost over £600.

This was replaced and although it drove a lot better it still has a problem with what I describe as lumpiness (fuel starvation?) when cruising. It is only really noticeable when I have been driving for some time (30 mins or so) and only when my foot sits on the accellerator at a static speed as when I depress it fully to increase my speed it is not noticeable.
Has anyone had anything similar and can suggest what the problem may be.

Thanks - Appreciate any help !
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - Armitage Shanks {p}
As a fellow diesel owner I have to say that I can't see a connection between a pollution warning and a faulty diesel pump. If it still isn't running properly take it back and get them to put it right, preferably for no extra charge.
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
I can- the anti pollution is basically a big Engine Management Warning System. Can I ask. What faults were in the car system and did they clean out the fuel system
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - vikingcz
you seems to know lots about cars, we've are having same problem with our car. They want us to change high pressure pump which cost approx £1000 and now after we read this we're start to think that this high pressure pump is not the problem. Should we start with cleaning out the fuel system and maybe you know some good garage's near birmingham?? What do you think about Bosch Car Services?
What fault codes have you got in the system.
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - vikingcz
Hi mate,
sorry but we haven't got the report. But I was at bosch repair center and they said that this pump can't be diagnose just by computer but all the pressures must be measured. Complete testing £100. They are very busy so first available day is in 10 days. I will definitely put all my experience with repairing to this forum.

But still any advice welcome. Thanks
HP Pump
TO START- 120BAR
IDLE= 230BAR AT LEAST

Pre HP Pump pressures are very important
Going back to the original post - the DTC Error was P1198 "Pump rotar control underfueling" . The garagae as far as I know did not clean out the fuel system - should they have done?

An update - the fuel pump was replaced and it improved the situation but the car is still running very 'lumpy' at times as though the fuel is not always being pumped correctly or maybe it is something simple that has been overlooked? The garage to be fair have asked me to return the car so they can do further investigations but at what cost I ask ?
Lets see what they have to say first
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - glowplug
I'd say that if it was running lumpy then a look at the live data feed could shed some light on the problem, probably looking at the injector correction figures. If the pump was faulty then you have to ask why and if it was contamination in the fuel supply then the chances are it's got to the injectors as well.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Steve.
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - mr_b
as already stated the pressures have to be correct ,not to sound stupid but have you had the fuel filter changed as a blocked filter will cause pressure lost and cause you problems
Just had a call from the garage who have been looking into the reason why after replacing the HDI pump the car is still not running correctly and they now inform me it needs the EGR Valve replacing. The guy at the garage is that convinced of this that he say he will take the cost of repair if it does not address the problem.

Cost to replace - £334

Any thoughts guys?
Update

EGR Valve replaced and garage informed me all was well and 'running like a dream', but they will keep the car overnight to give it a road test. Garage rang me first thing this morning to say the car was not fixed and they would go 'back to the drawing board' to resolve the issue. They did confirm there would be no charge for replacing the EGR valve.

Frustrated or what !!
04 2.0 HDI Pump replacement for 407 - daveuk1368
>
EGR Valve replaced and garage informed me all was well and 'running like a dream'
but they will keep the car overnight to give it a road test. Garage rang
me first thing this morning to say the car was not fixed and they would
go 'back to the drawing board' to resolve the issue. They did confirm there would
be no charge for replacing the EGR valve.
Frustrated or what !!

Hi, ive got a 407 s hdi 136 bhp with the same problem, the PUG garage said it was the fuel pump too. have you manage to resolve the issue?>> Update