01 2.0 indicator unit - Mick Snutz
My left indicator has a life of its own and either won't stop flashing or comes on by itself much to the annoyance of following drivers.

A Pug dealer has quoted me £190plus VAT and labour to fit a new indicator comms unit.

is this something I can source and fit myself? Where can I start looking?

I've consulted the Haynes manual but it only provides grainy black and white advice to go with its grainy black and white photos!

The car does not have cruise control.

thanks

{typo in header corrected}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/06/2009 at 19:46

01 2.0 indicaor unit - RichardW
Provided it doesn't have traction control a new unit (known as COMS 2000) can be fitted without resorting to the dealer computer. You can get them from GSF I think - although there are several varieties!. Fitting is relatively straight forward. Battery off (mind the precautions for BSI equipped cars - Google it), air bag off, steering wheel off, column shroud covers off, remove switch unit (it's complete with both stalks). Refit in reverse.

Edited by RichardW on 08/06/2009 at 18:01

01 2.0 indicaor unit - Mick Snutz
thanks v m.

My brother always uses GSF so I think I'll give them a try.
Indicator unit now ordered from GSF.

£45 compared to Peugeot's £200!

No contest really.
GSF delivered the part today. Now that's service!

Going to fit it tonight when its a bit cooler outside.
01 2.0 indicator unit - steve_earwig
How did you get on? 45 quid is amazingly cheap for a COM2000 so I suspect yours is pre-multiplex and just has the individual units. Could I ask what the make of the old one was? I've just changed the COM2000 on my '04 406 (DAV) and I have a suspicion they can be fixed fairly easily but I'm not going through all that again just to try it...
Apart from a few serial numbers, the old one had the name Nieman on it.
Basically it had two pull apart grey connectors on the back of it and it simply slid out having undone two small torx screws.

My local Pug dealer wanted £25 just to take the steering wheel shroud off and 'test' to see what component had failed. They quoted the thick end of £200 if the whole comms unit had needed replacing.
The guy I emailed at GSF is keir.nicholson@gsfcarparts.com.

I even sent him a jpeg photo of the old part just to ensure I ordered the right bit. He was very helpful.
01 2.0 indicator unit - steve_earwig
Neiman? Another day, another supplier.

Glad you sorted it anyway.