97 1.9 Blowing Fuses - gary923
Car :- Pug 1.9 D-Turbo Phase 2 1997.

Hello there,

I have owned this car for two years and finally got bored of the drivers side window not working. Investigation revealed that no motor or mechanism was present, and the window was held up with a bit of 2x1!!!!

I sourced another door in the same colour with a motor and mechanism (Been told that this works but have no proof).

I then fitted the door and connected the electrics up. As soon as the ignition was turned on, fuse no 29 blew (Electric window/sunroof fuse).

I'm not much cop when it comes to electrics so wondered where a good starting point would be? I have tried disconnecting the window switch which operates both windows. and the fuse dosn't blow.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Regards,

Gary.
97 1.9 Blowing Fuses - elekie&a/c doctor
There are a few variations of door electrics on this model.I would guess that the replacement door is not directly compatible with the existing electrical system.It is possible to re-wire the switch but will mean testing the circuits and then cutting and re-connecting the wires to suit.hth
97 1.9 Blowing Fuses - ianjoh
There is a good possibility that the blowen fuse is not the original and may be of a lower rating - worth a check.
Thanks for the replies.

According to a few websites (I havn't got a Haynes manual), the fuse in question is rated at 30a.

I have replaced this a few times with the same but they just blow as soon as the ignition is switched on.

Due to the weather I havn't had time to investigate the wiring yet but will do in due course.

Regards,

Gary.
Hello Again,

Just to close this one off - ended up swapping the wires about and hey presto, have got the thing to work. It would appear (previous reply mentioned this) that the wiring system varies on these. The donor cars door was only a year younger but four wires were in a different position to the original. Had a bit play about with these and we are away.

Regards,

Gary