Some good news... Honda's production line restarts - NARU
Back to work after the 4-month shutdown. If any of you are reading this, I hope it goes well.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8076430.stm

Edited by Marlot on 01/06/2009 at 08:54

Some good news... Honda's production line restarts - Chris M
Only good news if they can find buyers.
Some good news... Honda's production line restarts - DP
To the outsider, this seems like an object lesson in employee / employer relations. No bullying, no militancy - just negotiation, agreement, and both sides sticking to their part of the bargain in an all round no-win situation.

Some good news... Honda's production line restarts - Bill Payer
I thought it was odd that they didn't add in Jazz production capability while the plant was shutdown, however it was reported on the lunchtime BBC news that they did just that, with some test runs having been done.

Why then, I wonder, the delay in going into production with Jazz - it's going to be several months before it starts properly rolling out of Swindon?
Some good news... Honda's production line restarts - Altea Ego
I thought it was odd that they didn't add in Jazz production capability while the
plant was shutdown however it was reported on the lunchtime BBC news that they did
just that with some test runs having been done.
Why then I wonder the delay in going into production with Jazz - it's going
to be several months before it starts properly rolling out of Swindon?

Becos its not just a matter of reconfiguring the line, training the workers and then turning out jazzi. All the components and sub assemblies that go into the blender need to be sourced, secured and negotiated into JIT arrival before you get the right flavour soup.