06 1.6 Advice please on buying car ? - jp147
I live in the UK and saw an 06 Ford Focus 1.6 (115 bhp) LX with 30 000 miles at my local Ford dealer. The asking price was £6499. As my budget is £5000 plus my 1999 T reg Ford Focus they said that they would give me £1200 for my old car which would reduce the price to £5299. I then managed to get the price down to exactly £5000.

However I do have doubts about something. The car has had 1 lady owner and when I asked the sales man about service history he said that it had been serviced in 07 and in 09. It appears at this stage that the car did not undergo any service last year (in 08) so you can't really say it has a "full service history."

I am worried about parting with my money with this knowledge as oil and filter changes are so important.
06 1.6 Advice please on buying car ? - Fullchat
A couple of months ago I was offered £4,500 as a trade in on a 05 Focus Climate 1.6 petrol. This was against a Ford Direct vehicle. so you can make your own mind up.
As for the servicing - its something like 12 and a half thousand mile intervals or every year and other than the oil change there is very little else to do. I wouldn't be to worried providing the oil looks something like and not a thick black goo.
06 1.6 Advice please on buying car ? - L'escargot
.......... when I asked the sales man about service history he said that it had been
serviced in 07 and in 09.

Ask to see the car's "Service History Log" booklet for proof of what servicing the car has received. The car's "Warranty and Service Guide" will show you what work should have been carried out. Get it straight from the horses's mouth.

Edited by L'escargot on 27/05/2009 at 08:56