fuel economy of Vito dualiner swb - glascarmill
I'm looking at buying a dualiner as a big family wagon (thanks for the advice everyone) The question I have is, is there much difference in the running cost of the LWB -v- SWB models. I know the boot space is considerably bigger in the LWB but is won't be used for work purposes so its not an issue. I've being told there could be as much a 10-13mpg in the difference. The model is the 2.2 109bhp.

thanks
fuel economy of Vito dualiner swb - boxsterboy
What are the 'offical' figures - not to give you a realistic consumption figure but to see what the difference between the two models is?

I would have thought there would be very little difference, and certainly not 10-13 mpg, but I would be interested to know. (I've got a Viano brochure at home - I'll have a look tonight)
fuel economy of Vito dualiner swb - oldnotbold
I too refuse to believe it's 10 mpg - more likely to be 1.0 - 1.3 mpg
fuel economy of Vito dualiner swb - boxsterboy
(I've got a Viano brochure at home -
I'll have a look tonight)

Right. Well, the Viano (posh Vito) brochure makes no distinction as to wheelbase in the fuel consumption figures in teh technical data. Logic would suggest a slight penalty due to the extra weight (and inferior aerodynamics?).

2.0 CDI (109 hp) Urban 25.0/24.8 (man/auto), Ex-urban 40.4/38.7, Comb. 32.8/31.7 mpg
2.2 CDI (150 hp) Urban 25.2/24.8 (man/auto), Ex-urban 39.8/39.2, Comb. 32.8/32.1 mpg

Might as well go for a 150hp then!
fuel economy of Vito dualiner swb - glascarmill
thanks lads, the merc website quotes the mpg for the sport 115 as 44 mph but i guess the reality is alot lower. cheers for the advice