1987 1.6 head lights not working properly - marmo
Hi there, I have a nissan sunny glx 1.6, not too sure of the year but the reg is e814 *** and i have a problem with the headlights. (That'll be 1987 to 1988 then - removed part of the reg No)

The headlight on the passenger side does not work at all even though i have changed the bulb plus when i put the headlights on full beam it sometimes doesn't work on both sides.

I took it to a garage and the guy tried another bulb plus checked the fuses and they seemed fine, he mentioned that it could be the relay not working properly.

He said i may have problems getting hold of one cuz of the cars age so may question is does it sound like the relay to you and where can i source one from?

Plus when i asked around for one do i just ask for a relay and mention the make,model etc or is there another name for the relay?

thanks,
andy

Edited by Webmaster on 16/05/2009 at 19:53

? 1.6 head lights not working properly - elekie&a/c doctor
Headlight problems on the Sunny models is often a fault with the rotary lighting switch/stalk.Worn contacts in the back of the switch usually result in the loss of one side headlight.hth
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - bathtub tom
Or possibly an earthing problem?
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - Pugugly
Rather than taking stabs in the dark on it I would suggest you look in Yellow Pages for an auto electrician and take it there. If you can let us know where you are in the UK someone here may know a reputable one.
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - bathtub tom
>>If you can let us know where you are in the UK

How did you know he wasn't here?
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - Pugugly
Everybody's got to be somewhere !

Where's here bathub ?

Registration plate gave me enough info !
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - marmo
hi there,

i live in taunton, somerset if you could recommend one please

so if there is a fault with the rotary lighting switch/stalk would the mechanic guy need to replace the relay then?

many thanks,

Andy
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - slowdown avenue
i recall nissan having problems with incator stalks light switch of that time, the grease inside was the fault
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - bell boy
ive also had to run a wire from one headlight to tother on these cars so thats worth checking as well as the switch
the relay as we say in the north is in my onion a red herring
so should i take my car to an auto electrian or a car mechanic?

tried finding a price for a relay just to check the integrity of the mechanic but can't find it mentioned, is it known by any other name?

thanks,
andy
sorry to bump but should i take to mechanic or auto electrician?

does anyone know the car part number for the relay so i can do my research on the price?

many thanks,
andy
? 1.6 head lights not working properly - elekie&a/c doctor
Take it to somebody that understands how the system works.It is not a conventional set-up on these;the headlight circuit is earth switched (there is always power to 1 pin of the headlight).My advice would be to forget the relay at the moment and check fuses and switch.hth