Drive the Deal - ggh1
I am thinking of ordering a new car through Drive the Deal. This is a company that I have never used before, does anybody have any comments to make about this broker.
Drive the Deal - ifithelps
Read several good reports about DtD on here.

When I bought the CC3 recently, my local Ford dealer had cars in stock at a lower price, so worth checking, if you haven't already.

Mind, I think Ford dealers might be keener to deal than VW ones.

In fact, they are probably keener in all respects, if my experience of VW dealers is anything to go by.

Drive the Deal - pmh2
tinyurl.com/orpcmz

see my positive thread above.

if you are local to North London you can always go and visit - they do not get many buyers in the flesh and will be probably be pleased to see you. ( I provided cream cakes after my satisfactory purchase!)

p
Drive the Deal - daveyjp
More than satisfied with our Aygo purchase through them - local dealers couldn't price match. This was 2.5 years ago, I've not read anything against them since.
Drive the Deal - mikeyb
Bought my current Audi through them. No complaints here - placed the order via their website, call the following day to confirm price / spec etc, then call from the supplying dealer a day later also wanting to ensure that spec etc was correct before they ordered the car (factory build) As it happens they were not the cheapest broker (but only about £100 more) The cheapest one was arogant, and didnt return calls when they said they would etc, so I decided to pay the small amount extra, and glad I did.
All contact after the dealer confirmed the order was direct with the dealer so that was good, and all money was dealt with by the dealer - no money given to DTD, so no more risk that any other transaction.

Only really small downside was that the car came from the other end of the country on a transporter, so was not that clean when it arrived with me. If it had come from a dealer a bit closer I would probably have picked it up in person.

Would have bought next car through them, but couldnt get the leasing deal I wanted so it was off to the mad Chinese one.

Edited by mikeyb on 10/05/2009 at 17:34

Drive the Deal - Pat L
I bought a Passat in 2006 through dtd and my experience was identical to mikeyb's, except that my car was sourced via a dealer about an hour away so I collected it myself. Excellent service and I saved over £2k.
Drive the Deal - cuthbert
Quote " (The cheapest one was arrogant, and didn't return calls when they said they would etc )"

What Broker was this just for interest ??
Drive the Deal - Avant
They sound fine by all accounts but I don't think they do part-exchange. If you haven't got one to sell, or are happy to sell it privately, there are some good discounts.
Drive the Deal - GroovyMucker
My experience was okay. They put me in touch with a Ford dealer and I bought the car through them. I suppose I could have arranged p/x with the dealer - but then the deal might have suffered.

Because I bought on finance, I had to go to collect the car (or visit the dealership in person to sign the documents), which meant the free delivery was a sham and I lost a couple of hundred on the train journey to collect.
Drive the Deal - ggh1
May I thank everybody for their time and their interesting replies, they have put my mind at rest.