06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - Ravenger
My 1.8 TDCi C-Max is due its 3rd service soon, and the dealer's recommended an engine oil flush and an exhaust flush.

They're so desperate they're offering me a 20% discount on the whole service if I have the flush, which works out about £20 cheaper overall with the flush cost included.

The car's done around 34,000 miles, and had an oil change 6 months ago.

Is an oil flush really (pardon the pun) snake oil, i.e. no real benefit? I'm a bit worried it could loosen some crud and cause problems with the engine, which would be difficult to prove and expensive to fix as the car will be out of warranty shortly.
06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - oilrag
It`s bound to leave some `flush` additive in the oilways, thus contaminating the new oil.

if it were me I would find another Dealer - I don`t like the sound of them at all.

06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - Rattle
The mechanic I use is always moaning about these flush agents and refuses to use them claiming they do more than good than harm, he reckons the best way to flush an engine is just to give it frequent oil changes with semi synth or snyth.

Also on old engines some of the more respected members on here point out that if a bit of sludge has been there for ages and you suddenly get rid of it and can cause a lot of other problems.
06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - Victorbox
Most Vauxhall dealers - cetainly my local one, add Forte Oil Flush to the engine a few minutes before the service and run it around before draining the hot oil. I know it adds a few quid more profit to the service, but Forte products seem pretty good and the new oil stays a golden colour for ages.
06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - bell boy
an exhaust flush?
what the heck is that?
06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - bathtub tom
Perhaps they blow some clean exhaust gasses down it.
06 1.8 Dealer recommends engine flush for 3rd serv - Peter D
No No. They ram a potato us the exhaust so when the pressure builds up it blows the spud out and the sudden release of pressure blows all the soot out. More seriouly though what cemical are they going to use that does not damage the cat. ?? Regards Peter