04 1.6 Engine light on colour amber - Sezr81
Dear All,

I am wondering if anyone could please give me some advice on this matter, my Ford StreetKA currently has it's engine light on permanently and when diagnosed by the AA i was told this could be the sensors, i took the car to a garage and they cancelled the computer error and said that it was indicating a problem with the CAT and not the sensors, but said that I should try to use super unleaded which may stop the light coming on again. I did this but after a month the light has come on again, so I am back to square one and wondering if I should buy a new CAT.

Is this problem normal for a car of this age, with 37000 miles on the clock, and has anyone else experienced this problem before. Is there anything else I can do before paying out for a new CAT?

Also is it safe for me to be driving it still as i am currently doing 44 miles a day in it?

Thanks and best wishes to you all,

Sarah
04 1.6 Engine light on colour amber - dagenham car center
i think the light must be a cat below efficiency level,which means you need a new cat.
has it been misfiring ever?short journeys make it wear out quicker as well.
you can keep on driving it,theres no chance of a breakdown,but if the exhaust gets ratlley,get it checked,could be a broken cat.
you might fail the mot test,so only worry about it at that time.
04 1.6 Engine light on colour amber - SpamCan61 {P}
I would think if one of the lambda sensors was on the way out for some reason you'd get the same effect, assuming it is the emissions warning light on not the engine management light; and assuming the ka has both pre and post cat lambda sensors. Getting the fault codes read by a dealer / auto technician would reduce the guesswork.