"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - j99
The Ford Focus Style models come with "Design" wheels according to the Ford website. From the photo they look like alloy wheels, but are not described as alloy wheels. Higher models in the range (e.g. Zetec) have wheels that are described as alloy wheels. Any idea what the "Design" wheels actually are??

c.f. www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus/Exteriordesign and click on"wheels"
"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - ifithelps
The 15" Design is a steel wheel with a plastic cover.

The 16" Design is a metal wheel with no cover. I suspect it's an alloy, although the website is not very clear.

I've seen the 16" Design recently when looking around Ford dealers for my new car and it looked like an alloy to me.
"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - L'escargot
All the alloy wheels say they're alloy, so I assume the 'Design' wheels are steel, but it's by no means clear.

Edited by L'escargot on 26/04/2009 at 08:50

"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - wmo
The Design wheel is a plastic wheel trim. I had a Ford Focus hire car last summer with this type of wheel trim but it was only when I touched the wheel did I realise it a plastic trim. Very good copy of an alloy wheel.
"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - Chris79
I had a focus 1.6 style as a hire car recently. The wheels looked like alloys, it was only when you got close that you realised that they were plastic trims. It is a very good copy of an alloy. As you can see in my earlier thread about this car though I was very unimpressed. Wheels aside, I think the competition i.e Vauxhall, Renault, VW etc produce a far better car. My main gripe was with the performance (1.6 Auto driven) However the interior trim whilst seemingly well put together was very bland and had the look of a budget car. Other interiors in this cars rivals seem far plusher, whilst equally as well screwed together.
"Design" wheels on Ford Focus Style - Carse
It's very clear on the picture contained within the link you provided that it is a steel wheel with a plastic cover. The area on the picture to look at is the wheel valve it is clearly comming through a large hole in the plastic trim

Carse