01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - mikem004
I've just had a prang :(
I can get a new unpainted bonnet in battleship grey for £90.
How much would it cost to get it resprayed metallic green by an independent paint shop?

Its either the respray route, or get a £50 one from the scrappy that is the wrong colour.

Thanks
Mike
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - TurboD
my guess is around £350- based on what a garage owner will charge to get out of bed each day!
But if you shop around it could be £200, but be wary of the quality of paint shop, quality really does cost in the paint department
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - bell boy
painting a bonnet is like painting a beautiful lady
it needs time
dedication
and no fluff
expect to pay £150
at an independant
be aware front slam panels on micras are made of tin and you need to ascertain that a new bonnet will physically fit and shut before you get it painted
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - Dynamic Dave
As it's metallic, any adjacent panels (ie, the wing tops) might also need feathering to to get a perfect match.
Sounds like 150 quid minimum, maybe more because it is metallic green. Plus 90 for the new boonet. Plus fitting costs.

I may go for the 50 quid scrappie option. I will have a 2-tone car, but the MOT is coming up next month, so I need to get legal!

Slam panels -- The bonnet won't open at the moment. It won't lift high enough to get my finger under. The 01 Micra has a fascia vent, maybe I can remove this and get to the mechanism. It would be nice if I could replace the smashed headlight myself. Then there's just the bonnect to worry about.

Mike
mike
get a helper to keep the bonnet cable catch pulled while you pull vehemently at the bonnet,be careful because when it goes it can smack you in the mouth
im afraid to say that you will indeed find the slam to be well twisted and although this bolts on it might be wiser to replace it from a scrapper one
as i said before you need to ascertain that the new bonnet will fit before its painted,a good trick is to remove the bonnet locking mechanism on the slam and make sure that your new bonnet sits in all the right places before you have it painted
i often source parts like headlights from the internet eboy gum
I pulled the bonnet cable, it did not "pop"the bonnet. But the cable slackened and stays slack. Looks like something is bent somewhere :)

Mike
i forgot to add that you need to hold the safety catch off as you pull the bonnet,this is why when it goes it goes quicker than you expect and smacks you
you may need to pry bar it slightly
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - spikeyhead {p}
Just paid £100 to have the rear bumper of the Porsche repainted, various touch ups done and the whole car mopped. That's trade rates. You should be able to get the bonnet done for £150.
I've just been quoted 230 quid to respray a new grey primer bonnet in metallic green.

Mike
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - McP
There are a couple of Apple Green Metallic Micras breaking on Ebay.
Both up North. Manchester and Yorks.
S and V reg, so I think the same shape as yours.

We have one in the same colour. The Nissan touchup paint is a good match if you have any minor scuffs to hide.
I don't think the shade of my Micra is apple green.
Anyway, I've just bought a blue bonnet for 50 quid from a breakers. I need to get legal, and it's embarrassing pulling into the works car park at the moment!

Incidentally, where can I buy touch-up paint for my Micra? Halfords do not stock the colour, and I suspect main dealers might be expensive.

Thanks
Mike
01 1.0 Bonnet respray costs - mickyh7
I bought a twin pack ( paint and lacquer ) from the Dealers for my wifes Micra. Only cost £7.00 ish Its lasted for years. Comes with a small wire brush to remove rust etc. Cheap in my book !
I bought a twin pack ( paint and lacquer ) from the Dealers for my
wifes Micra. Only cost £7.00 ish Its lasted for years. Comes with a small wire
brush to remove rust etc. Cheap in my book !

Sounds good...I'll investigate.

Just been quoted 100 quid + VAT for fitting bonnet + headlight + "pulling out". What do people think about this price, and how long would the job take?

Mike

bargain
The quote was higher than I expected, as its a labour-only job.

Mike