07 1.6 Clutch/Flywheel Ford warranty - burntzetec
I have a 07 1.6 focus zetec and had problems with the gears slipping out of 2nd, 3rd at slow speed around town, and not being able to select reverse without double pressing the clutch. i took it to my local ford dealer, as i have only had the car from Oct 08 and it is still under warranty(Ford Direct). They had the car for a couple of days and could'nt find any faults with it. I received a service inspection sheet, that had cleared the car of any faults. Having the all clear, three weeks after i took the trip from London to Devon with my girlfriend for the easter weekend. All was fine until about an hour into the return journey while changing from 2nd to 3rd the engine revved loudly and i had no gears to select and free wheeled to a standstill. After being recovered the car is at the dealers again, who rang me saying that the clutch is burnt out and the flywheel is blown and will cost £786 + vat to repair. Do clutches just snap(no smell when it happened)? and should i still be covered?
07 1.6 Clutch/Flywheel Ford warranty - MikeTorque
Double edge type of problem.

Do you ride the clutch whilst waiting in traffic and/or slip the clutch a lot when changing gear ?
How much mileage has the car done ?

As the car is a used car who knows how the previous owner treated the clutch & gearbox.
In the light of the fact that the car has already experienced gear change problems and has been fixed and given the all clear by the garage it sounds suspect that you may have inherited a defective car, proving it is something else of course. If the clutch just snapped, as you put it, then it suggests defective component(s) and should be replaced under warranty.
07 1.6 Clutch/Flywheel Ford warranty - Paul G1pdc
a lot of ex-ford direct cars are hire cars,,
my old mk3 mondeo was...
bought at 9months old with 9.5k on the clock.
the hire companies tend to off load them before the first service is due. so anything from 10-15k
Paul.
07 1.6 Clutch/Flywheel Ford warranty - Galad
>>a lot of ex-ford direct cars are hire cars>>

I hired a 3 month old Mondeo and was driven back home by one of the hire company's sales staff. He rode the clutch for over 5 miles in heavy traffic on an incline and the smell was over-powering. When I mentioned that he was burning out the clutch he just laughed. I'll never buy an ex-rental car.