Car Hire Excess policy - Citroënian {P}
Hi all

Renting a few cars over the coming months while on holidays - don't want to have to take out excess insurance each time. Have heard that one can get an annual policy, has anyone done this, have any experiences or recommendations?

Thanks
Lee

Car Hire Excess policy - adverse camber
www.insurance4carhire.com/
Car Hire Excess policy - Bilboman
Check the small print! The insurance4carhire website limits you to hiring a car at least 150 kms from home (i.e. it's really only for long travel/holidays) and for no more than 31 days per calendar year.
I had a good look around dozens of car hire pages recently looking for a long term hire deal for a colleague, and found easycar was hard to beat - the CDW extra surcharge (which reduces your excess to zero) is quite reasonable for a couple of weeks' rental (about 6 GBP per day for a Focus; it's usually included in the price by default).
If you're flying, both Ryanair and easyJet offer substantial discounts if you hire through their website. I've heard it's possible to hire through them even if not flying with them, but I'm sure there's a catch somewhere!
Car Hire Excess policy - jbif
Check the small print! >>

Good advice.
for no more than 31 days per calendar year >>

That does not tally with what the website says, where the 31 days or 60 days is for continuous cover per individual trip:
"EXCESS WORLDWIDE 31: Provides Excess cover Worldwide for a period of up to 31 continuous days for any one car rental agreement. "
"EXCESS WORLDWIDE 60: Provides Excess cover Worldwide for a period of up to 60 continuous days for any one car rental agreement. "

Car Hire Excess policy - rtj70
Also check out hiring via Holiday Autos. Their collision damage waiver is cheap. You do initially pay the hire company and then claim it back from Holiday Auto. I used this in 2006 and they paid up about a month after the claim.