95 1.8 Help! Car's dead! - eezg
Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me understand what has happened to my car. It's only done 75,000 and is only really used as a runabout, however after a recent couple of motorway runs it developed a kind of rattling/knocking sound which seemed to be coming from the front right and was only really noticeable when taking my foot OFF the accelerator (even while it was doing this at the start it was still driving well, and at speed).

Anyway, the other day I had to pick up my mate from the train station. I made it all the way back across town, stopped at a junction to turn off the main road and it died. The noise had seemed to be getting more pronounced beforehand. The other thing that I noticed was that the 'vacuum hose' (if that's what its called), which comes off the engine, had detached itself just before (noticeable by a 'hissing' sound when touching the accelerator). I've had the car for 6 years and that's the first time. Maybe it'll help explain the problem?

The situation is now that the engine will turn over but will not start. There doesn't appear to be anything loose or hanging off anywhere. In the past year it has had the alternator , fuel filter, oil filter, HT leads and spark plugs replaced.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks ;-)

95 1.8 Help! Car's dead! - bell boy
get a man that can to look at it