central locking - harps
I have pugeot 306 the problem is that the central locking keeps on going up and down really fast. sum people have said it could be relay were would it be on peugoet 306?
central locking - Andrew T
According to my Haynes manual the c/l relay is under the carpet near the lower seat-belt anchorage, driver's side. Can you locate where the clicking noise comes from?

Your problem sounds like an interference between the plip (remote) sensing circuit and the loom. Could be a b*gg*r to sort properly.
central locking - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried disconnecting the car battery to see if it resets the fault? Remember to look up the radio code first mind.
central locking - SjB {P}
Sign up to groups.yahoo.com/group/Peugeot306 and then search the archives for the string "Central Locking".

You will quickly find a number of hits.

A quick peruse shows the most likely cause to be broken wires where they pass through the rubber shroud between 'A' pillar and drivers door, though I leave you to read all the articles, and find the one that most closely matches the problem that you experience.

HTH

/Steve
central locking - L'escargot
I have pugeot 306 the problem is that the central locking
keeps on going up and down really fast. sum people have
said it could be relay were would it be on peugoet
306?

Had this happen on my Focus. Cured the problem with copious squirts of WD40 into the locks. Can't explain why it worked, but it did.
central locking - M.M
All the comments are valid but my experience with these so far is that is most likely to be a stiff lock or one that doesn't close 100% to the "satisfaction" of the locking electrics.

Just going round all the dooors and slamming them can stop it for a while.

That's why L'escargot's WD40 works.

Same thing can happen if a coat/seat belt gets trapped in the door.

If still u/s then the next port of call does have to be the electrical bits.

David W
central locking - chris p crisps ©
had similar problem with my 306 which also unlocked itself now and again ,finally traked down to passenger door actuator not fully locking. found problem by smacking door sharply with hand around door handle area when car was locked.

chris>> All the comments are valid but my experience with these so
far is that is most likely to be a stiff lock
or one that doesn't close 100% to the "satisfaction" of the
locking electrics.
Just going round all the dooors and slamming them can stop
it for a while.
That's why L'escargot's WD40 works.
Same thing can happen if a coat/seat belt gets trapped in
the door.
If still u/s then the next port of call does have
to be the electrical bits.
David W
central locking - John S
I had a similar problem on a Fiesta many years back. The problem was that one door locking relay had suffered water ingress, and the switch contacts in it were slow to make (or break) on that door, which managed to confuse the central locking electrics into cycling open and shut. A new relay for that door cured it.

I'd check out the suggestions regarding either tight, slow to operate, mechanisms or look for damaged wiring/ central locking switches in one of the doors.

Regards

John S
central locking - John S
I had a similar problem on a Fiesta many years back. The problem was that one door locking relay had suffered water ingress, and the switch contacts in it were slow to make (or break) on that door, which managed to confuse the central locking electrics into cycling open and shut. A new relay for that door cured it.

I'd check out the suggestions regarding either tight, slow to operate, mechanisms or look for damaged wiring/ central locking switches in one of the doors.

Regards

John S