06 1.6 strange dashboard hum/buzz - plymman
I recently picked up a 55 reg Picasso and have noticed an odd buzz that sounds either electrical or like a small fan. It is coming from the small (10p coin sized) vent on the passenger side between the radio and glovebox. It's nearly always present but I have no idea what it is, or whether it could be something about to fail, but it's definitely not dodgy trim or rattle. It's the exclusive model with digital climate control and the ventilated glovebox - could it be anything to do with this?

Thanks

Edited by plymman on 11/04/2009 at 22:19

06 1.6 strange dashboard hum/buzz - L'escargot
I'm only guessing, but ...........with climate control there has to be a sensor which senses the temperature of the air in the cabin. I imagine that the sensor is behind the vent and that there is a small fan which draws air from the cabin, through the vent, and then over the sensor.

However, this is just a guess based on logic so I could be wrong. With the ignition on, and the engine off, try turning off the climate control and heater completely and see whether the noise stops.

Doesn't the Owners Guide refer to the function of the vent?

Edited by L'escargot on 12/04/2009 at 08:40

06 1.6 strange dashboard hum/buzz - plymman
Hi, thanks for the reply, I have the service book but not the owners guide, however I've just found the PDF online and it is indeed the interior temperature sensor. It doesnt seem to make a difference if air con etc.. is on or off, it just seems to gently hum most of the time regardless.