Just bought an 05 2.2 CDTI Sport. Advice - thecodd
Hi, just bought the above for the wife from BCA Bridgwater today with one owner 103k, 9 Honda stamps to 100k. It is utterly MINT and totally unabused and has come direct from Howards Honda of Weston S Mare who supplied and serviced throughout it's life. It's a one owner and drives like new for £3956 inc Buyers Premium. I know prices are crazy at the moment, however I think it's a good deal, do you ? The reason for this post is after doing some subsequent research I see these cars can use a litre of oil every 600 miles ? Is this right ? Also, I have seen a post somewhere where it stated to not turn the ignition off when you stop for 10 seconds ( which might save on Turbo longeavity ? ). Any advice about the 2.2 CDTI would be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Simon

Edited by Pugugly on 10/04/2009 at 20:38

Just bought an 05 Accord 2.2 CDTI Sport. Advice - ifithelps
...to not turn the ignition off when you stop for 10 seconds....

It's called 'simmering' the turbo and is to give the time for a very hot component to cool down a bit.

However, yours is a diesel which run much cooler than petrols, so simmering isn't quite so important.
Just bought an 05 Accord 2.2 CDTI Sport. Advice - DP
Diesel engines are generally much easier on turbos than petrol units due to cooler exhaust gases, and lower engine speeds. It is not uncommon for a 250,000 mile turbo diesel engine to be on its original turbo and still performing well.

That said, I still perform simmering on both the Golf and the Volvo. Probably more important on the Volvo being a petrol turbo, but it makes me feel better.

One thing you should never do on any turbo engine is raise the revs above idle or "blip" the accelerator before you switch off. Similarly, do not allow the car to exceed its scheduled service intervals. Given this kind of consideration and servicing, your turbo will probably do another 100k without any problems.
Just bought an 05 Accord 2.2 CDTI Sport. Advice - catsdad
Re oil consumption I have a CDTi and at 66k I still have some left of the 5l I bought for top-up at the outset so consumption is fine. However Honda do seem paranoid and have several warnings about oil grade and checking. I did run mine in according to HJ advice and, while its too late for you, I think its likely that an estate with that mileage will have been treated to plenty of fast runs and good use that seems to keep them sweet. Only "fault" with mine is that it needed new discs and pads at 35k. This is apparenty par for the course on these and far less than I normally get. Only other issue has been peeling alloys. By the way, you haven't asked but mpg is also controversial on these. I average about 48 mpg (less than 10p per mile) and on long steady mile motorway runs rather more - approaching 60 mpg. You will find forum threads where people get much less. In part I think its because the great engine ecnourages you to give it a bit of welly and that obviously will reduce mpg.
Just bought an 05 Accord 2.2 CDTI Sport. Advice - Robbie

I have an 04 Tourer Exec 2.2iCTDI from new, and I never use oil between changes. When I first got it the fuel consumption was poor and it used a bit of oil, but once I had done about 9000 miles the consumption improved and no oil used between services.

I get about 40mpg running around locally, and around 59mpg fully loaded on the French autoroutes.