00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - ssray
Morning, How do I cycle through the options on the mpg/trip computer? used to have mpg now only another tripmeter?
Ta
Ray
00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - Javalin
from memory there is a push button on the right hand (?) indicator stalk?

J
00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - 659FBE
On my Superb there is a rocker switch and a pushbutton on the RH stalk.

The rocker allows you to cycle through the functions - from memory - time; temp; instantaneous fuel consumption; average fuel con. (2 memories, 1 & 2 selected by pushbutton under stalk); range; journey time; journey miles. You can use the rocker to cycle in either direction and a prolonged press on the reset button clears the memories. Some of the other functions - possibly journey time/distance also have 2 memories.

The whole thing is a useless gimmick. I'd willingly swap it for a clear, accurate analogue car clock readable by all of the vehicle's occupants.

00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - Altea Ego
The rocker allows you to cycle through the functions - from memory - time; temp;
instantaneous fuel consumption; average fuel con. (2 memories 1 & 2 selected by pushbutton under
stalk); range; journey time; journey miles. You can use the rocker to cycle in either
direction and a prolonged press on the reset button clears the memories. Some of the
other functions - possibly journey time/distance also have 2 memories.

Same on my Altea and the Touran before it

>>I'd willingly swap it for a clear accurate
analogue car clock readable by all of the vehicle's occupants.

Ditto. Any clock visible to vehicle occupants would be nice.
00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - DP
Ditto our Golf mkIV.

Whoever came up with the silly idea of sticking the clock, useful to all occupants, in the instrument panel where it is visible only to the driver? My 1980's Sierra and Cavalier placed them high up in the centre of the dash where anyone could read them.
Mind you, I always liked the other 80's trend of sticking a digital clock up in the roof console by the courtesy lights. Especially the green LED ones Ford used for a while. :-)

Edited by DP on 08/04/2009 at 23:41

00 1.8t Trip/mpg computer - ssray
Thanks guys