94 1.6 gli burning oil - will32
Hi
Iv just bought a toyota carina e 1.6gli of auto trader to which had full service history by toyota and to which i thought i was getting a good car but i took it to my garage and he has informed me that the car is burning oil a and the exhaust inside is full of oil soot what is there i can do to sort this problem out?? as the car has only done 94,000 miles genuine millege and i dont know what to do as i thought i was doing the right thing by buying a toyota carina,so can some one help me please.
thankyou will

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/04/2009 at 13:34

94 1.6 Toyota carina 1.6gli burning oil - Collos25
If it is genuinly burning and not loosing it and the fact it has oil in the exaust i would think that it a least will require a top end rebuild of the valve seals the worst case is that it needs new piston rings which will prove very expensive.If you bought it from a trader take it back.
94 1.6 gli burning oil - pzr

If have problem with low compression or your engine smokes and burns oil caused by bad piston rings then it's worth to try staff from this site: www.engine-recondition.co.uk Added it to my fifth car allready and gained same results as the ones before: no smoke and oil consumption what so ever! There is plenty so called "oil snakes/thickeners" but this stuff works different
way. Can 100% recomend it as it saves money
Tried this on following cars:
* Vauxhall cavalier 1.7td (isuzu)1993
* Vauxhall combo 1.7d 19995
* BMW 320d 1999
* Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 1999
* Honda Accord 2.0 Vtec (F20B6) 2002
All this cars had high mileage on their clocks and used a lot of oil (average 1liter every
600miles) Hope that help

94 1.6 gli burning oil - piston power

If have problem with low compression or your engine smokes and burns oil caused by bad piston rings then it's worth to try staff from this site: www.engine-recondition.co.uk Added it to my fifth car allready and gained same results as the ones before: no smoke and oil consumption what so ever! There is plenty so called "oil snakes/thickeners" but this stuff works different
way. Can 100% recomend it as it saves money
Tried this on following cars:
* Vauxhall cavalier 1.7td (isuzu)1993
* Vauxhall combo 1.7d 19995
* BMW 320d 1999
* Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 1999
* Honda Accord 2.0 Vtec (F20B6) 2002
All this cars had high mileage on their clocks and used a lot of oil (average 1liter every
600miles) Hope that help

You seem to be pointing this same advice to all engine problems, so i guess this is your company or you have a connection with it. as you have done this to several other posts.!!

94 1.6 gli burning oil - Collos25

These snake oil salesmen should hung by the short and curlys.

94 1.6 gli burning oil - madf

"but i took it to my garage and he has informed me that the car is burning oil a and the exhaust inside is full of oil soot "

Hmm .. so they opened up the exhaust to check..

Try driving it on a long run - at heast 20 miles - it may just have done lots of short journeys and needs a good Italian tuneup.

94 1.6 gli burning oil - Collos25

Hope he has sorted it by know it was two years ago.