TV - Who Killed the Electric Car? - drbe
Did anyone watch (allthe way through) "Who Killed the Electric Car" on More 4 last night?

I got to 11.30pm when I just had to go to bed. How did it finish?

It was an interesting documentary showing the electric car in a very good light and the programme suggested that it was a conspiracy of various vested interests which killed it off. Among those in the frame were the oil industry, George Bush, the California State Board which examined these things, the car industry, the automotive component manufacturers (electric cars require little or no maintainence), Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

When I went to bed a group of electric car drivers were watching various sites in the USA to see what happened to the electric cars which had been taken from them - no one was allowed to buy an electric car, they were all leased, at the end of the lease the hirer was not allowed to renew the lease, the cars were taken back by the manufacturers and crushed.

Apart from the fact that it was a two hour programme finishing at midnight and at times they rather laboured their case, I found it very interesting.

Why didn't I record it? I was recording "The Wire" on BBC2.

Edited by drbe on 01/04/2009 at 09:12