Cavalier 1.8lsi Water leak - Duncan74
My Cavalier has started leaking water at an alarming rate, 2 litres last about 30 miles. I have tried radseal and that hasn't helped. Further investigation at the weekend shows the water is dripping down onto the offside wishbone from some sort of pulley. Is this the water pump? If so, is this the likely source, and how much will a garage charge to fix it?

Thanks in advance, Duncan
Cavalier 1.8lsi Water leak - ChrisB
This does sound like the Water Pump, and yes if this has gone wrong then you will lose a lot of water,

Is it on the same side as the alternator?

I would say you are looking at around 50 to 60 pounds for that to be done by a garage, but please do not quote me on that, I am sure you would not be looking at more than 60 pounds though

Cavalier 1.8lsi Water leak - Dynamic Dave
Yes, sounds very much like the waterpump Duncan.
For confirmation, undo the cambelt cover at the top of the engine and peer inside to see where the source of the water is coming from. The waterpump is situated near the alternator. It could however just be the "o" ring seal, but I would get it checked sooner rather than later as the hot water will wash the grease out of the waterpump bearing and in turn could sieze/disintegerate causing the cambelt to fail - hence major bill.
Last time I changed a pump on a Cavvy, it cost me £50, another £16 for the cambelt, and £5 for the antifreeze. I was quoted a couple of years ago at Vaux main agent ~ £140 to do the job.
Make sure you insist that the garage fit a new cambelt and check the belt tensioners (if it has them) With earlier engines you had to tension the belt by rotating the waterpump.
Cavalier 1.8lsi Water leak - svpworld
Had exactly the same happen on a 2.0 lsi cavalier. Started losing litres of water and figured it must be the water pump (open bonnet and look on left near wishbone behind wheel). Don't remember what it cost me, but I also had timing belt replaced and of course rad flushed and coolant replaced. I think Halfords done everything (so it was expensive!), over 100 quid.