Rust Repair Cost - VR6
Hi. I?m after a ball park figure to get the following rust/paint repair carried out:

Rust on all 4 wheel arches.
10p size rust patch on door frame above window
3 Bumper scuffs
Rust along top edge of windscreen
10p rust on leading edge of bonnet.

Car is metallic silver.

From the looks of things the rust is surface rust, and has not eaten through the metal.

I?m getting quotes later on this week, it would be nice to have a ball park.

I?m not after a Rolls Royce job, but something that will do the job for a couple of years.
Rust Repair Cost - Blue {P}
For me to have both rear wheelarches removed and new ones welded on (plus a few other patches all the way along the rear quarters) plus the associated respray I was relieved of £400. Top job as well although one of the arches has started to rust already so is going back in to be fixed as I suspect that the paint hasn't formed a proper seal against the elements.

Rust Repair Cost - VR6
Thanks for that Blue. I got a quote today for £600 for all 4 arches. As the car is sliver pearescent, he would have to blow both sides of the car too.
Rust Repair Cost - bell boy
As the car is sliver pearescent he would have to blow both sides of the
car too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cant he afford a spray gun then?
Rust Repair Cost - L'escargot
If the car is to have panels replaced ask whether the panels will be genuine spares or not. For example, Ford panels come ready primed all over but pattern parts may well be bare metal. Bare metal panels need a lot of degreasing and other preparation to get a durable paint finish. I had a rear wing replaced on an accident damaged car and you could see from inside the boot that the inner surface hadn't been painted at all.
Rust Repair Cost - sierraman
It is a long time since I have seen a bare metal panel,they are usually in primer these days.Ideally this should be removed,it rarely is,then the panel sprayed with etch primer,weld through primer should be use for areas to be welded.Once the panel is in situ a wax based anti rust compound should be applied to the back if access allows.Wheelarches really need this or rust will show at the joins in a few months.As usual a higher standard of work will cost more,many repair shops rely on you not having the car long enough for their cut price work to show through.