Live Traffic cameras M1 - pmh2
Following a call from daughter who was stuck in stationary traffic( M1 Southbound just N of the M25) I accessed the traffic info from the AA site. Ok it confirmed that the M1 southbound is closed due to an accident, but I decided to look at the traffic cameras in the surrounding area to get a visual. I am fairly aware of the area and the junctions, and the traffic pattern was the give away as to what was happening, and made a potential choice of alternative route possible. However, the images do not appear to give any information on which way the camera is pointing. Therefore how does somebody who does not know the area make use of the information? Am I missing something? The heading info only states that the camera is between Jx and Jy, does the the stated order of junctions indicate whether the camera is on a particular side of the carriageway? - because I think that it is wrong anyway!

tinyurl.com/c3y3ad

p

Edited by Honestjohn on 15/03/2009 at 19:04

Live Traffic cameras M1 - Old Navy
Dont know about your end of the UK but the trafficscotland cameras show the road and two thumbnails, one of each direction, marked typical view N, S, E or W as appropriate. Maybe a suggestion to your camera outfit is called for.

Edited by Old Navy on 15/03/2009 at 18:40

Live Traffic cameras M1 - Armitage Shanks {p}
I Have found this site very useful. www.frixo.com It gives the average speed of traffic past many motorway junctions. No cameras but fairly easy to work out where the problems are, and it is updated regularly.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 16/03/2009 at 13:03