02 1.8 Central Locking problem - GazKaz
Hi everyone!

Got a small problem.

All the doors will lock from the keyfob except the NSR door! I've changed the whole lock for a second hand one and it is still the same.

I've checked all the relevant wiring for signs of corrosion and it's spotless. The only thing left is the central locking main unit by the front wheel well. I've not checked this yet but the Haynes states that I need a Tech1 reader to see if there are any fault codes, but my EML has not been on!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

PS Nice to see that one of my threads from nearly 3 years ago has helped a couple of people out as well! You just can't beat the technical advice offered here. Long may it continue!

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 25/04/2009 at 11:03

2002 1.8 Central Locking Problem - topbloke
it would be tech 2, you would not get a managment light on because its not an engine issue when you say you have checked the wireing did you look in the rubber boot from the b pillar to door usuall place for breaks, cant see it being the ecu because its fireing the other doors. Regards TB
2002 1.8 Central Locking Problem - mickyh7
This happened on my last Vectra. It was the electric motor. £5 from the local scrapyard. 1/2 hour job to fix. Very easy to do. It was intermittent before it totally went dead ! Good Luck.
2002 1.8 Central Locking Problem - GazKaz
topbloke - I'll certainley check were you suggested. Good point about the other doors unlocking.

mickyh7 - Already tried to change lock but no success. Granted it was a second hand part that I tried. Can't be that unlucky to have 2 defective locks can I?

cheers

2002 1.8 Central Locking Problem - mickyh7
No you can't. Sorry, I read your post to quickly-Good luck anyway and let us know your fix !
Hi guys

Ok, I've put a multimeter across the 3 wires that go to the door locking solenoid, here's what I get:

Black/Blue: 12v when I press the keyfob for the 2nd time
Black/Yellow: 12v when I press the keyfob for the 1st & 2nd time
Black/Red: nothing!

I also get nothing on any of the wires when I unlock the doors using the keyfob.

Are these results correct?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

2002 1.8 Central Locking Problem - topbloke
without looking at a wirrring diagram i could not say, however if you check what you are getting at the connector on a door that works you could compare to see what you are missing, from memory you should get a signal to lock, a signal to unlock and a deadlock signal but cant remember what colour the wires were without checking, regards TB
Hi topbloke

Yup, i'm gonna test the connections on the other rear door, once the kids are in bed! I'll post back once I've got the figures.

Thanks