1985 2ltr W123 2ltr Pieburg 175CD carb problem - robdub
Hi all, hope someone can help with this problem. My Merc has been dry stored for 5 years and I,ve now got it up for sale. The engine fires and starts but I have to keep revving it, Wont tick over. Once it stops, it won,t start again. I have cleaned out the petrol, cleaned plugs, took top chamber and piston off, all free and clean. I took off the rubber side pipe (leads to the air filter) and it was full of petrol, about half a litre. If I turn it over with the hose off, you can see petrol comming thro two bolt holes on the exposed side of the carb. Guessing the diaphragm has gone, but this is a complete guess. Any help appreciated.
1985 2ltr W123 2ltr Pieburg 175CD carb problem - Number_Cruncher
Check the float and float valve.

1985 2ltr W123 2ltr Pieburg 175CD carb problem - injection doc
have you checked the diaphram if you removed the top chamber/ have you checked for a small split & more importantly if you have removed the top it must be put back in the same position & you need to make sure the piston moves freely up & down as you tighten the screws. It may be the piston is sticking.
I.ve removed the top chamber and marked it before hand, so its back as it was. I didn,t see a diaphram ! I,ll download a diagramso I know what I am looking for. The piston moves up and down ok. Thanks for the help
Thanks, I,ll get a diagram and have a look.