05 2.0 TDCi - sticking throttle - mr thicky
I think my throttle is sticking on at low speeds. Isay "think" because if I dip the clutch the revs die as normal it only seems to happen accelerating through the gears. it doesn't do it all the time and is not much of a problem....yet. anyone else having same prob.? my car is an 05 tdci 130 ghia x.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/03/2009 at 18:43

05 2.0 TDCi - sticking throttle - kithmo
It's normal, it is the anti-stall configuration built in to the ECU fuelling program.
My mondeo does it and so does SWMBO's Focus.
The car is basically telling you to change down a gear.
thanks for that kith,
thinking about that Kith Ifind my car very easy to stall specially in traffic when you stick it in too high a gear, my polo 1.4 tdi was almost impossible to stall.i'm wondering if it's too avanced because I seem to have alot of diesel "clatter".Fanastic on the motorway though.cheers.
05 2.0 TDCi - sticking throttle - kithmo
It's the clutch that makes it easy to stall. With it being a diesel it has a heavy duty clutch that would be heavy to press. The Mondeo has a clutch pedal assist spring that actually helps to press the pedal down to a degree, this spring battling against the clutch spring is a fine balance and it makes the pedal feel like you have reached the point of contact on the clutch when in fact you haven't and hence you stall it as the car lurches forward when you let the clutch up a bit more. This is not helped by the Aircon sapping the power at low revs as well. You'll find that pressing the Eco button (turning the AC off) and setting off in 1st from a standstill is quite easy, with AC on and setting off in 2nd takes some getting used to. In traffic it's best not to touch the revs and just let the clutch up very slowly and let the anti-stall help propel you along.