General question - Wiper arm spindles? - Petel
Afternoon all.
Could anyone please advise if they know of a car, where the spindle shaft with its knurled boss, onto which the windscreen wiper arm clips, is available as a spare part? This can be for front or rear.

Thank you.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/03/2009 at 18:42

03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - Number_Cruncher
I'm sure there are many - although the modern trend is to fit a wiper sub assembly with linkage and spindles all included. However, they were separate and separately available on Vauxhall Novas.

03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - Petel
Many thanks NC.

I will start my list with the Nova.
Rgds.
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - Another John H
ISTR seeing a repair done by an independent garage (maybe 30 odd years ago?) which involved something being hammered onto the boss, which the wiper arm then fitted onto OK
- that is onto the boss plus the something, rather than a reshaped boss. IYSWIM.

It was done by my (then prospective) F-I-L on an old Anglia van.

Unfortunately he's no longer with us to ask. Sadly missed.
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - henry k
When I last enquired many years ago for my Ford they were not available.

In the middle of a thunderstorm one dark night one of my wiper arms suddenly laid down on the bonnet. The other wiper stalled and smoke came out of the air vents.
The inner spline had come adrift and the shaft slipped down into the bodywork and jammed the linkage with the motor energised causing it to overheat.
Oh happy days.:-)
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - Petel
Thanks to all for the replies.

Have looked at the Vaux Nova spindles and these are not suitable, as mount is a larger size and the arm is retained with a nut. Never mind it was worth a try.

Am currently looking at the spindle on a Mini as a possible but would still welcome further suggestions.

Thank you.
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - jc2
Mini spindle type fixings were used on most cars with remote motors-Minors,Heralds spring to mind straight away and were available on their own from Lucas.
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - mfarrow
Most pre-90s Fords had the wiper spindle assembly available as a separate part.
03 1.6 General question - Wiper arm spindles? - eastenddoy
look for an auto- jumbal sale in your part of the country i know of one in enfield in london or e-bay