Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - Jonathan {p}
Hi All
Further to my bmw query, I've rather gone off the idea of getting an E39 at this time, due to concerns over maintenance costs (given the age and mileage my budget would be buying.

So instead I've decided to remain loyal to Mazda and am looking at a 6 with the 2.3 petrol sport model. I've seen one and its got leather interior, 60k FSH (apparently). Nice colour too.

Has anyone got any experience of this model and more specifically this engine?
I've had a quick look to ascertain the service schedule mainly to determine when the cambelt should has been changed (think its at 54k).

Any advice welcome on what to look out for/running cost issues.

Cheers
Jonathan
Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - Vansboy
You might like to check the REAL previous owners details, if the V5 has just an obscure company & office recorded.

These are quite often showing up in Police auctions, where they've been on operational duties with National Crime Squad.

So it'll have been well maintained & sometimes well driven, too!!

But not by the usual high standards of Police Class one Officers!!

& check to see what might have been stuffed down the back seats, just in case there's any white powder, which apparently has less street value than a cup of coffee!!

VB
Cheers
I think the valeters will have had that away already!
Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - adambradford
I own a 2.3 Zugara (that's the limited edition version based on the Sport but with extras).

What to look out for: Not a lot really! I've had it since Dec 2007 with no problems. Build quality is second to none. Mine has 46k on the clock and my only expense has been 4 new tyres.

It really is a great drive, well equipped with excellent handling and a fabulous engine. (Nice and revvy, good noise!)

Servicing costs are on a par with rivals, fuel consumption is much better than I thought it would be. Depends what you're used to, and especially depends how you drive it - I'd class myself as an 'average' driver, and I can't really notice any difference in fuel economy between this car and any of the 2L petrol hatchbacks I've had in the past. When fuel prices rocketed in the summer I drove it like a granny and found it was very frugal.

I've been thinking of selling it , simply because I've had it a while and only tend to keep cars a year or so, but I honestly don't know what I could replace it with!

My advice is: You can't go wrong!
Hi

What extras does the zagara have?

This one has electric seats which from reviews were a £1k extra.

Cheers
Jonathan
Oh and the car is only £3500, which seems about right, but a couple of £100 less than others i've seen.
Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - adambradford
Bose six-disc CD Sound system, Electric drivers seat, half-leather seats, 18 inch special alloys, SmartNav global positioning system, plus further modified and tuned suspension (although Mazda never actually said what those modifications were).

Hard to find as there were only 500 made, but I think a lot of those extras can be found on some regular 2.3s as you've seen, and the 18in wheels are a pain, I'm too scared to park close to a kerb in case I damage them!
Not sure about the wheel size, will find out tomorrow when I go and see it.

some pics here
pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?...3
pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?...9
Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - rtj70
I have the 2.0d 143PS Mazda6 Sport and like it a lot. I see the one you are after is pre-facelift - I can tell straight away as the centre console is not piano black.

My diesel Sport has a BOSE 6-disc CD auto changer in the dash with the subwoofer in the middle of the spare wheel. Mine is on a 57 plate, built sometime in 2007.
Evening all

Well, I went to see it and and bought it!
Lovely car, looked great, couldn't find any faults everything worked fine and bodywork is good. Tyres fairly new too.

Service history, seemed good (will need to chase some paperwork from the garages).
The selling garage will service it (oil and filter changes only) mot it and valet it.
Comes with 3 month guarantee.

Offered me 200 px for mine, i declined and will sell privately for 395 instead.

Also found out that the engine has a chaincam, so no timing belt to worry about.

Pick up next weekend, so have to get cleaning mine.

Cheers for all your help
Jonathan
Looking to buy a Mazda6 2.3 Sport - Vansboy
If the service history is incomplete, but Mazda maintained, ask your local dealer for a copy of the digital records they will have access to.

The Mazda 6 UK owners forum isn't to active, but do a Google & you'll find some interesting stuff!

Happy Zoom Zooming!!