Polite Sign in rear window - leef
Was driving home on Monday afternoon and was behind a W reg Ford Fiesta, it had a fairly large poster in it's back window that read: (or pretty much read)

I have recently been 'done' for speeding for the 1st time
34MPH in a 30MPH zone, it's cost me points and a fine
I'm driving slowly because of this... So If you're in hurry
please feel free to pass me... When it's safe of course
or they might 'do' you as well :)

So I passed when it was safe and it was a little old Granny, she must of been in her 80's and gave me a big smile and cheery wave. She must of been driving at around 23mph, normally I'd be annoyed at someone travelling so slow, but the notice in her rear window made me chuckle.

Lee

Polite Sign in rear window - Bill Payer
For the font to be big enough to read that must have filled the whole rear window!

(Isn't that illegal)? :rolleyes:
Polite Sign in rear window - Mr X
'She must of been driving at around 23mph'
Slow driving may not be dangerous but it is inconsiderate. If the limit, is 30 and it is safe to achieve this limit - good road and weather conditions and taking in to account other road users movements, then what is wrong with traveling at 30 ?
Polite Sign in rear window - rory
Jeeeeeezz; that sticker joke must be nearly as old as driver. I seem to remember they're a web-site somewhere where you can buy it
Polite Sign in rear window - leef
>>>I seem to remember they're a web-site somewhere where you can buy it

It was hand written for sure, filled half the rear window! I was pretty shocked that she had spent the time to write it out and blu-tac it to the window.

Polite Sign in rear window - rtj70
My mother in law once got stopped for driving too slow. I've heard stories of police stopping younger drivers for going slow - they often are unaware of their low speed and are driving very carefully because of substances in their blood.
Polite Sign in rear window - Lud
Yes, if I were plod I would pull cars driving with satirical care. A virtually sure sign of intoxication.

For any plod reading this, might I suggest St John's Wood as a happy hunting ground?

:o}
Polite Sign in rear window - tawse
My mother in law once got stopped for driving too slow. I've heard stories of
police stopping younger drivers for going slow - they often are unaware of their low
speed and are driving very carefully because of substances in their blood.

Haemoglobin?
Polite Sign in rear window - jag
and i suppose if it is haemogoblin they are away with the fairies. jag.
Polite Sign in rear window - rtj70
Haemoglobin?

No. She almost never drove. But did that night in the dark. Nervous and not used to driving. I don't think she drives anymore ;-)
Polite Sign in rear window - FocusDriver
What this sign did was HUMANISE the driver to others. A pretty good idea - within reason. The metal boxes which bomb about on our roads don't LOOK like they contain another feeling human being.

I'd put a large translucent picture of my face on the rear screen - if I wasn't so irresistably attractive - to humanise my own metal box.

Handwritten's the way to go. Baby On Board signs just cost £1.50 and everyone has them so nobody even notices them.

Good on granny.
Polite Sign in rear window - Harleyman
I'd put a large translucent picture of my face on the rear screen - if
I wasn't so irresistably attractive - to humanise my own metal box.

Should solve any tailgating hassles you might have! ;-)
Polite Sign in rear window - L'escargot
The sign in my car's rear window proclaims "Proud to be a Yellowbelly". I often wonder what unknowledgeable observers think of it.
Polite Sign in rear window - Lud
I am an unknowledgeable observer. What should I think of it gastropod? Is it an excuse for mimsing by any chance? Or is a Yellowbelly a member of some admirable new social category whose existence has so far passed me by?
Polite Sign in rear window - Altea Ego
Its think its something to do with the lowlands of Lincolnshire. On the higher side of the A1 they refer to the low wet land dwellers as "swamp monkeys"
Polite Sign in rear window - Manatee
I think the Goolies are a sub-set of the yellowbellies?