Hiring car for a week - csgmart
I would like to hire a Ford Kuga for a week in May this year.

2 reasons - firstly I need a larger vehicle for my UK holiday and secondly I am considering a Ford Kuga as a company car and I thought hiring 1 for a week woud be a good way of finding out if it really is the right choice for me.

Question - does anyone know a company in the UK where I can hire a Kuga from? Most car hire firms I've looked at seem to offer a type of vehicle (e.g. compact, luxury etc) rather than a specific make and model.

Anyone know? I though Ford used to have a car hire business but it seems I was mistaken or it no longer does.
Hiring car for a week - Ben 10
If you live in London, I know two, Edgeware and Alperton. Look up the Ford website for outside London.Dagenham Motors in London seems to provide this service but not at every dealership of theirs.
Hiring car for a week - csgmart
If you live in London I know two Edgeware and Alperton.

Bristol - but I will try my local Ford dealers - thanks!
Hiring car for a week - loskie
If you are a co car driver join Ford Talkback. This allows you an extended test drive not of a week normaly(usually 24hrs) but in this climate you may be in a good bargaining position to get more .
Hiring car for a week - Bill Payer
...or get your fleet manager, or the rep for the leasing firm you use, to talk to Ford. It might not be the best plan to say you're going to use it for your holiday.

The only thing is that you couldn't 100% rely on the arrangements, although you can't even do that if you hire a car, they may say it's not available on the day and offer something else.
Hiring car for a week - rtj70
You hire a class of car and not a model. If they don't have what you paid for they will upgrade. But there is no guarantee from the big hire companies you will get a particular model.

Try speaking to Ford to see how they can help. In these times you get what you want, i.e. you need to see if the car suits for this sort of use and want to buy one.
Hiring car for a week - Blue {P}
A lot of companies will allow you to hire a specific car rather than a category, check out their websites or give them a bell and ask them, it may cost slightly more that way though.

Edited by rtj70 on 20/02/2009 at 23:29